The Beginning

(Two years prior)
As the band had gotten popular, it was harder for Brendon to express his true feelings. He had always been oddly attracted to his close friend and band member, Spencer. He'd even have dreams with him as well, which made things even more awkward. Of course Spencer hadn't known of any of this- at least not now.
They had gone back to where they made their first album, getting high and creating music together. It was a great way to brainstorm and wind down from everyday life as well.
After a couple of minutes of silence, Spencer blurted out, "I feel like it's nine in the afternoon," before a long-ass yawn.
Brendons eyes widened as he flashed a toothy grin and chuckled. Spencer is a genius! He suddenly shot up to grab his pencil and paper, "that's the song!"he said in a exasperated tone.
     Spencer couldn't help but be confused. It was to this point that he shouldn't even question Brendon anymore, "uh.. what do you mean?"
     Brendon flashed him a wink, "you'll see, Spence." Spencer flustered slightly at his remark before quickly turning away to his drums. He hoped Brendon didn't notice.
At that, Ryan picked up his guitar and started creating notes as Brendon wrote the lyrics. They only spent an hour on the song before it was finished. Everything was set to record, and Brendon slid on his headphones and checked the mic, "check.check.check 1 2 3...we good?"Brendon turned towards Spencer, getting a nod in response. He cleared his throat, setting the lyrics on the stand in-front of him, and stood in silence before hearing his band start the song. After about 30 minutes of working on the recording, Brendon was exhausted, almost losing his balance every step he took.
"I'm surprised you managed to create a song with just a few words from Spencer," Ryan said with a yawn and stretched out his arms in an exaggerated way.
"And I can thank him for that," Brendon replied as he rubbed Spencer's head playfully.
Spencer chucked shyly, "I know, I know. I'm a genius."
"And a cutie pants," Brendon squeezed his cheeks and made little soft noises as if he was talking to a baby. Spencer's cheeks began to heat up and turn a soft pink as he blushed, and Brendon gave the boy a knowing smile before letting him go. He nonchalantly sat in the soft leather chair across from Spencer. The room was filled with silence as Ryan stared uncomfortably at the two boys until the silence was broken by the raspy sound of John clearing his throat, "ok! Well, that's enough for today!"
The tension continued to rise as his voice echoed in the room.
"Spencer would you like to go out for a lunch break?"Brendon asked in a hushed tone as he stood up.
Ryan shot daggers at Spencer, making him feel uncomfortable. Brendon excused himself quickly and rushed toward the door, followed by a quiet Spencer.