Family

We danced around the fire, chanting and singing songs. My brother takes his puny chubby hands and bangs it on the drum, as we all laugh and sing. Like a normal family when celebrating a holiday.

Suddenly, gunshots ring out. We freeze, the music stopping abruptly. We hear the bells chime, and all of our family, neighboring ones as well, crawl silently out of our gates and into the town centre.

Our leader, Ilyas Mazatoiniui, stands on Blood Rock. It's called Blood Rock because that was the rock when Ilyas's great grandfather, Habazusti stood on declaring our independence from the Deathcats (actual people) before he was killed by Gilindhia, where legend says that she's still alive today.

We all sit in ominous silence, before we hear more gunshots. Then followed by screaming. The babies that are carried in the mothers gathered around us start crying. They try to hush them, and when the keep quiet, silence. They have heard us.

Mother looks at me with fear in her eyes. She looks back at Ilyas. "They're back," she croaks. "They're back!" Our people scream, when horses and footsteps charge and knock down our walls, arrows with fire on them fly at us, and our leader screams "Fight back!"

I stand proud, grabbing the nearest rocks and flinging them at the attackers's heads. They wear the masks of cats. Deathcats. The first thing my mind told me. Ilyas had fought with the most ferocity and passion, his face said it all. After all, these people had killed Habazusti.

It was hard to tell through the heavy smoke and the smell of fresh blood, if Gilindhia was here. You could spot her through a crowd because she had the whitest and snowiest hair. It was as long as how tall I was, and I am an average thirteen year old.

I am searching for Gilindhia when I see an arrow coming for my heart. "Waeiza!" My mother calls out before she leaps in front of me. I am knocked out by the force of her and darkness clouds my memories, before all I see is my dad falling to his knees as a arrow hits his chest.

"Nooo!" I call out, before being pushed down again. I see a death cat, and then black.

_______________________

Sup my dudes! I am writing like 4 stories at once--- who cares? This is a short chapter and I had fun writing it, thanks for checking it out!  xoxoxooo!