Getting Her Wand and Cat

On this day in 1975, Delores Umbridge is getting her wand from Ollivander's. She walks in and Olivander looks at her happily. She walks up with a certain attitude in her stride. She is a prissy girl. Olivander did his normal wand tests.  

"Yew wand with unicorn hair core 10 ½ inches."

Delores waved it and made several wand boxes blast from their spots. Delores looks shocked.

"No," he says.

He takes out another.

"Ashwood, dragon heartstring, 12 ½ inches," he says.

She waves it and it explode4s thew chandler.

"Of course not," he says.

He gets out a smaller wand and brings it to her.

"Birch, dragon heartstring, 8 inches," he says

Delores takes it in her hand and a bright light surrounds her.

"Curious," he says.

"What's curious??" Delores asks.

"I usually don't sell short wands. It means your personality is lacking something." Olivander replies.

"Nonsense!!." she exclaims.

She pays for her wand and walks out, highly offended. She goes to get her books from Flourish and Blots. Delores gets the rest of her supplies and sees a black cat in the window of Magical Menagerie. She walks in and goes to it. She pets it through its cage.

"you're so cute." She says.

"Hello, and welcome to Magical Menagerie." the shopkeeper says. I see you're interested in our black cat."

Delores ignores her for a few minutes, still giving the cat her attention. The shopkeeper clears her throat. Delores looks at her.

I'm sorry. What did you say??" Delores asks.

"I welcomed you and commented on your interest in our black cat," she says.

"Yes, I love black cats," Delores says.

That one is for the window only, but I have some in a pen in the holding area that you might like." she says.

I" would love to see them!!" Delores says, her voice filled with excitement.

The shopkeeper leads Delores to the holding area. It was in an instant that Delores goes to the black cat pen. All of them back up, except a cat with an overbite. Delores looks at it, sadly. The shopkeeper looks at the cats with an odd look. 

It seems only one wants you." she says.

Delores doesn't let that stop her.

"I'll take it," Delores says.

Delores picks up the cat and holds it.

"You're so cute," Delores says.

The cat nuzzles her arm. Delores pets it.

"Is it a boy or a girl??" Delores asks.

"He is a boy and a Maine Coon." She says.

"I'll name you Blackjack," Delores says.

She pays for Blackjack and then walks out with his carrier. She has a trolley for all of her supplies and trunk. She leaves the Alley and her mother is there.

How was your first Diagon Alley experience??" Mrs. Umbridge asks.

"Very quaint,"Delores says.

"That's good." Mrs. Umbridge says