▪3 in 1▪

•NICKNAME• (TsukkiYama)
Warning: Foul Language

Tsukishima Kei and Yamaguchi Tadashi had always been close since childhood.

So close that Tsukishima himself had been in comfort of the nickname Yamaguchi had given him, "Tsukki".

That would always been the nickname used by the shorter to address the blonde.

Although Tsukishima had grown used to the nickname,  it also, sometimes, annoy him to the brim. He would always find it annoying whenever Yamaguchi had overused that nickname in a day, especially when his attention isn't crucially needed.

He knew the freckled boy had idolized him since childhood, I mean, it was pretty obvious.

He would even sometimes consider that the younger has developed romantic feelings for him, not that he would mind.

Truth be told, Kei himself found it cute when Tadashi calls him that, not that he would ever admit that fact.

But what if one day Tadashi tries to confess to him but Kei cuts him off, not giving him a chance to confess? How would Tadashi react?

Well, we're about to find out.

~~~•••

Tsukishima held Kuroo's hand tightly as they were about to declare that they were dating to everyone.

Kuroo cleared his throat, which surprisingly made the whole gym go silent.

Everyone's eyes were on them, Tsukishima not notcing that Yamaguchi was not around when Kuroo had declared that they were dating.

From the very back of the gym, all alone, a setter had clutched his chest tightly, tears escaping from his eyes as he ran towards the bathroom unintentionally leaving his psp behind.

On the way there, he bumped into someone.

"Ah! Oh. Kenma, why are you crying?" A sweet, concered voice asked.

The setter looked up to see one of Karasuno's talented pinch server.

Kenma just stared at Yamaguchi, not knowing what to say to the boy who had idolized the blonde that was declared dating with Kuroo awhile ago.

Kenma just looked down and muttered, 'nothing, i'm sorry...' and just walked passed the confused greenette.

Tadashi just shrugged and wondered why everyone had just finished clapping, he shrugged it off and went towards the salty blonde he proudly calls his best friend and long-time crush.

Instead, he was met with a soul-crushing sight of Kei and Kuroo kissing passionately while Bokuto just rolled his eyes at them and scolded them for PDA.

Yamaguchi could feel his heart tightening, he felt heavy and weak.

Yamaguchi's POV

I feel stupid of even believing that I could be Tsukki's lover. Pathetic. I'm pathetic.

I'm going to confess. I don't care anymore, I just want to get this out of my chest.

Night came, I had to endure the sight of my blonde best friend and Nekoma's captain being all lovey-dovey and shit.

Tsukki left before me and I tried to catch up.

"Tsukki!!!" I called out, following him.

I finally catch up, but he didn't seem to stop walking.

It was silent for a moment.

Summoning up all my courage, I tried to speak,

"Tsukki I-"

"Don't call me that"

I stopped dead in my tracks, he did the same, our eyes not meeting eachother.

"B-But why...?" I breathed out.

'T-This isn't good..'

"It's annoying." He stated as he began to walk again.

'What..?'

"Tsukki!" I reached for his hand, only to have it slapped away.

"I SAID DON'T CALL ME THAT!" He snapped.

I back away, terrified.

"T-Tsukki..." I whimpered.

"FUCK IT!" Tsukishima cursed and ran away as fast as he could.

I fell to my knees and cried.

'Why...?'

I never even got the chance to say 'I love you'.

Tsukishima's POV

'Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck'

I could feel tears well up my eyes.

'I'm sorry my sweet Tadashi...'

I stopped, catching my breath, tears already flowing down my eyes as I cried silently remembering what Kuroo told me.

"Date me, then maybe I won't have to touch your oh-so precious Tadashi." Kuroo smirked.

"DON'T call him Tadashi." I snarled at him.

"Ohoho? Then, let's make a deal." Kuroo offered.

I raised a brow.

"If you agree to go out with me, I won't touch Yamaguchi like I was planning to do."

I was beyond pissed. He was planning on touching MY Tadashi? No way in hell, bring it on bitch.

"Fine." I agreed.

"Oh. And also, you aren't suppose to have any interaction with him, 'Tsukki'"

This fucker--

"If you do, I'll take him and make him mine."

I know I'm pathetic at making such a stupid deal.

But atleast now... My dear Tadashi will be safe.

I just hope, he'd still see me as the 'Tsukki' he once knew.

I hope we're still the best of friends, since he won't stop calling by that nickname. It shows a sign of how close we are, right?

Isn't that what nicknames are for?

"Tsukishima Kei."

I turned around, my heart sank.

"You forgot your handkerchief"

Yamaguchi Tadashi.

NICKNAME▪