How it all began

A year. At least.. We've been traveling together since a terrible virus unknown to man kind had leaked from government labs one spring evening. Just like that, it began to spread. It jumped from person to person. Within months, at least half the world was infected. It acted just like any other illness. Stomach pain, headaches, vomiting, sneezing, and coughing. It normally lasted a week before it began evolving into something deadly. Headaches turned to migraines. Vomiting turned to violent coughing. That coughing resulted to internal bleeding. Everyday, you got worse. My mother became terribly ill not long after the outbreak. We knew it was the unknown virus. But what we didn't know, was the very thing that turned my life around. About 9 days after my mother became ill she died. We all sobbed and kissed our mother goodbye. We lay flowers around the bed she died on, and prayed to the heavens that she was in a better place. However, not long after we had closed the door, and gotten ready to dig her grave, she began to moan, and mumble. Was she really dead? Or had she just been unconscious? We were hesitant to find out, but I really wanted to know if my mother was truly gone.

___________________________

"Mother?" I whispered behind the

door. "Mother is that you? Are you alright?"

I opened the door a crack, and out of nowhere, she knocked me on the ground. I don't remember much after that, but I do know that my father, and older sister, had died that day. It was then that I realized, I could no longer stay here. The outbreak had caused those who suffered to die, and come back. I never thought I'd live to see the day that "Zombies" would invade Earth. When I had gathered enough supplies and weapons to last me, I saw my dog Sadie in the backyard. I couldn't leave her. She had to come with me............

___________________________

And we've been on our own ever since then. Going from town to town, just trying to survive. I've often wondered what the other survivors in the world are doing right now. Are there any survivors? If so....how long will it be before I find them, or they find me? Will we ever meet? My name is Macy Lee Collins. I am 16 years old, and this is how I survived in "ZombieWorld".

||Hey guys! This is my first story so.....sorry if it sucks! Hope you like it guys:)||