The Big change

Amy wakes up suddenly and holds onto her stomach, she pauses for a few seconds before rushing out of bed and goes to the bathroom, causing Jake to wake up and follow her. "Babe,You Okay?" He asked as he pulled her hair away from her face. Amy lent back against the wall panting and still feeling rough... "Yeah I'm fine, it's probably because I haven't eaten in a few hours" she got up and told Jake to get her a drink of water from the kitchen, Amy went back into bed whilst Jake left to get her a drink. Amy opened her phone and looked on her period tracker, she was 14 days late. She sighed and looked around the room before putting her phone back down. Jake came back with a glass of water, after giving it to Amy he went back into bed and fell back asleep straight away. Amy stayed awake fiddling with her hair

—The Next morning—

Amy and Jake arrived at the precinct, the journey was pretty silent and Jake was concerned about Amy. He asked Rosa to see if she was alright, Rosa managed to catch Amy whilst on break and had word with her "So everything's alright with you and Jake?" She asked as she sat down, Amy looked up "Why wouldn't it be?" She looked back down and put her hands on her mug. "Jake thinks he's done something wrong" Rosa replied "I mean you've barley spoke to any of us this morning" Amy looked around the room and by the door to make sure nobody was about to enter "I...I think...I think I'm pregnant" Amy stuttered, Rosa stayed silent before asking if she had taken a test, Amy shook her head and told Rosa that she had no tests at home as they weren't trying for a baby just yet. "We have some at home" Terry said as he walked in Amy and Rosa looked at eachother before looking up at Terry "You heard everything?" Amy panicked "Please don't tell Jake...just not yet" Terry promised not to tell anyone and made it clear that he was the only person who had overheard his conversation. He rang Sharon to bring a test over.

A few hours had past and Sharon came in with Ava, she covered up the real reason why she was really here and said that Ava wanted to see Jake, Sharon have Ava to Jake and he started to play with her, Amy watched from the other side of the room and smiled slightly. Sharon walked over to Amy and gave her the test without anybody seeing. Amy went to the bathrooms and sat in a cubicle.

The three minutes felt like hours and Any nervously picked up the test whilst muttering "please don't be positive" Amy turned the test around and it read pregnant, Amy gulped as tears came down her eyes....