Omnomnom Good?

"ALLEGRA!" you hear Nathan's deep voice call out somewhere behind you. You turn to see him getting up from a table and walking towards you, towering over everyone else. His long legs make easy work of the small expanse of space between the two of you, and before you can blink you're face-to-face with his white tshirt. He's so ridiculously close you can smell what type of laundry detergent he uses.

You laugh, shoving him away lightly, "Back up, creeper."

"Hi to you too… " he smiles, " you're just so short… it's crazy. I don't think the top of your head even reaches my shoulders."

"Well I'm so sorry Nathan, that you're freakishly tall." you joke, grabbing a cup and heading over to the row of self-serve froyo machines. He follows you, also grabbing a cup.

"So, what were you doing here?" you ask, stopping to contemplate whether you wanted good old vanilla, or to try mango-lychee.

"Oh I had plans to meet someone here… she didn't show up though. I was going to leave, but then I saw your tweet." he responds. You catch his use of she, and you feel a twinge of irritation, but before you can ask, he nudges you towards the mango-lychee machine, "Go for mango-lychee, it's sooooo good." 

"Omnomnom good?" you laugh, referring to his tweet as you fill your cup with a huge swirl.

"Yes. Omnomnom good, promise," he grins.

"And what if I end up hating it?"

"… then I might just hate you, Allegra."

You put a hand over your heart in mock hurt, giving a theatrical grimace "Ouch." He's laughing again and you're positive that if he doesn't stop smiling so much, you may just die of a cute overdose. Throwing some toasted almonds on top of your froyo, you add a healthy sprinkle of gummy bears as well. You watch as Nathan debates between toasted coconut ('healthy, and so yummy!') and white chocolate chips ('But white chocolate is my weakness…'). After a moments hesitation, he shrugs, heaping both of them on, "I can be fat, the next olympics are 4 years away!"

After he's done covering his froyo in toppings, you both make your way towards the cash register. As you're digging around in your bag for your wallet, he cuts in front of you, "No, I'm paying."

You groan, smacking his arm, "It's not a date Nathan, you don't even know my last name! You don't have to pay." He looks down at you, shaking his head, "I pretty much invited you out, so I'm paying, don't argue."

"No, you're not."

"What's your last name?"

"Liang, but what-"

"Okay, I know your last name now, I'm paying."

You attempt to stare him down, but finally relent with a sigh, "Fine. I'll let you have your manly moment." He pays the (irritated) cashier and turns towards you, stating quite seriously, "I need at least one manly moment a day, you know."

Raising your eyebrows, you give him a "really, you just said that?" look, before both of you break out grinning.

"There's a nice terrace area on the fifth floor," he says, leading you out of the little cafe and towards the stairwell.

"Stairs? My feet are hating you right now. I just came from the gym!" you moan, following him up the stairs nonetheless.

"Hah, always hot and sweaty when I see you?"

"Shut up! My friend wrote that tweet, and I showered, kaythanks."

"Oh well that sucks, I think I like you hot and sweaty better," he smirks, "here, hold this." Confused, you take his outstretched froyo.

"Why are you-" you begin, before he bends down and picks you up in arms, starting up the stairs.

"I can't have your feet hating me, you know."