It's Nice

Jakson's P.O.V.

I woke this morning so very nervous thinking about what my father said to me last night... I even dreamed of her. What will she think of me? Will she hate me and my family for taking her away from her mother? Or will she be happy to leave the mother who never raised her? I don't want her to hate us, we are doing this for her own good. All these thoughts were running through my head as I drove to her house. I pulled into her driveway, turned the car off, walked to her door and knocked. The door opened to reveal the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Her face was aged from pain and stress... ''Hi, umm... Do you need something?'' She asked while sounding a little confused. "Hello,I'm Jakson. Jakson Smith. I'm here to take you home." Those words came out so blunt. I wasn't thinking when I said it, but she went with it. "Oh! Okay ugh..." She walked to the trunk, handed me her suitcase, and sat in the passenger seat, which I'm glad she did because I thought she would want to be as far from me as possible. So I walked to the driver's side and got in. I then looked over to her putting her earbuds in without thinking and hoping she wouldn't put them in and avoid me I placed my hand on her and said "Please don't.... " I pleaded with my eyes. She then slowly placed the iPod and earbuds in her bag. She then smiled at me? I was quite surprised but I gave a small smile, turned on the car and pulled out of the driveway. I noticed her eyes never left the home she once lived in. I grabbed her hand hoping to comfort her, I could see the pain in her eyes as she gripped my hand harder and leaned her head on my shoulder. We did not speak all the way home. Towards the end of our trip Lilly had fallen asleep so when I pulled into my house, I got out of the car, getting her out and carrying her in the house. "Davis! Shut the car doors I'm heading to bed!'' As she nestled her head into my neck, I walked upstairs to our bedroom. I pulled the blanket up and laid her down on the pillows. I laid down next to her and she curled up next to me and I fell asleep.

Lilly's P.O.V.

He grabbed my hand and I held it so tight fighting back tears. I was thinking too much and I just laid my head on his shoulder. It just came so naturally and I felt so comfortable with him that I just fell asleep. I woke up in Jakson's arms in a room I'd never been in before, but I wasn't scared... This is my new life whether I like it or not. But if all I have to suffer is staying with this guy I think they give shitty punishments. So I just hugged him almost as a thank you for getting me away from my mother. Don't get me wrong, I love her more than anyone on Earth but I've been her mom since dad died. I started to feel so alone and his arms tightened around me. He was hugging me? But, why? I looked up at him with the most confused face and he had the cutest little smile on his face. And his blue eyes! They were so bright! I didn't notice it yesterday... I was staring deep into his eyes trying to read him, trying to figure out what he was thinking. But I couldn't, I had not a single clue... So I looked away, laying my head back on his chest, not knowing what to say. "Why did you look away? and no good morning?" He said as he chuckled. I looked back into his eyes "I don't know what to say... but thank you." Then I hugged him again and started to cry. "Shhh... Shhh... Honey. It's okay. I'll make it okay. I promise okay?" Jakson held me and rubbed my back trying to soothe me. I couldn't stop crying, not for me, but for my mother. Who will take care of her? I've been there for her, I saved her from herself as much as I possibly could. I cleaned her up after she'd get hammered and puke everywhere. I was her support after dad was gone. The real her was gone after dad died.... "I...I..I'm s...so sorry!" I said out loud wishing she could hear me. "It'll be okay. Please calm down... I'm sorry! I don't want you to hurt please LILLY!" He said and I could hear pain in his voice. He also sounded like he was going to cry, so I looked up immediately and he had already started to cry. I wiped his tears and held him. "I'm sorry I made you cry... I didn't mean to make you upset, umm I just needed to release some tears... You know this is all new and I'm without my mom and I don't know but I'm sorry..." I stated the words so calmly. As if I never shed a tear, as if all my pain had left me because someone else was hurting, even if i knew nothing about them. It still hurt me.