CHAPTER 5: KUNG WALA KA, PAANO NA AKO?

6:47 PM

"I have work to do," Trish was repeating for the nth time. Though, in all fairness to her, ni-re-rephrase nya. Pinuntahan ko sya sa unit nya which is in McKinley. Iyon ay matapos ko na namang ma-stress sa traffic ng Manila!

By the way, I was actually inviting Trish for dinner.

Tumingin ako sa wristwatch ko at naalalang 24 numbers nga pala yun. C-in-ompute ko na lang. "It's almost seven in the evening."

"So? Ibig sabihin ba non wala na akong gagawin?"

"Hindi, ibig sabihin non, kumain ka muna."

She massaged the part of her temple. I could tell she was slowly losing her patience. "Bakit ba kasi? What do you want?"

Paano ba to? "Ahm...Let's just say, bumabawi ako."

She raised an eyebrow. "Bumabawi?"

"Because I've wronged you." Ang hirap mag-isip. I was just gifted with selling, and that was somehow false advertising. Ang hirap i-apply non sa feelings ko to think that when it came to Trish I was always speechless.

"In what aspect are we talking about here?" I could sense she raised her defenses.

"About the break-up." Ang dami kong palabok. Bakit hindi ko na lang sya diretsahin kaya?

OKAY fine. Hindi ko kaya. Ayokong marinig mismo sa sarili ko yung totoong kondisyon ng buhay ko ngayon.

"Forget about it. I'm over it."

Aw, why that hurts?

Pero dahil hindi ako showy, hindi ko pinahalata.

"Then, maybe having a dinner with me was not a bad idea?" Sana makalusot ako.

"Marami nga akong gagawin. What part of that is hard to understand?" Well, I was testing her patience. *grins

I lowered my face to her. Ay, mali, lessen the distance between our faces kasi halos kasing tangkad ko nga pala sya. She loved high heels anyway. "You need some break, my princess."

"So you're prince charming?" I noted the sarcasm.

"A genie perhaps." I gave her all the smile I could muster when all I wanna do was hold her tight. "I'll be granting all your wishes."

Tinaasan nya ako ng kilay. "Really?"

I grinned. "Three lang."

"O....kay. Disappear."

--

Cheng!

Mali kayo. Hindi ako nagpatinag. Ako pa? Ee mas makulit ako sa kanya. AT mas isip-bata.

Well, actually, I just laughed. And so was she.

Then we just found ourselves smiling at each other. Tulad ng dati.

I offered her my hands na tinanggap nya. *grins PANALO.

I don't know why but I felt so happy. Siguro dahil yun sa pakiramdam na makakabawi na ako sa mga panloloko ko sa kanya.

Well, her first wish?

Pumunta ng Resorts World Manila at mag-dinner sa The Terrace.

We ate Mediterranean cuisine. Pero para sa kin kahit ano pang kainin namin, ayos lang. The important thing was she was now smiling at me. Parang walang nagbago sa min. Parang walang nangyaring break-up.

I tried to remove the sauce at the corner of her lips and she just let me. She let me poured her wine, and she let me danced her. It was so overwhelming. I could not bring myself to stop smiling.