Doll

This is a last minute inspiration that I had on Halloween that just couldn't be made on time. I hope you enjoy it.
Xxx
The night of haunts was finally here, and the gang was at a youth community center helping Bakura to set up a room in a haunted house he had been wanting to participate in all year long. He begged for his friends help with the set up and offered pizza and horror movies at his house after the event was over. The haunted house had ten rooms each decorated differently by a different person. At the last moment someone was too sick to decorate their room and Bakura was next on the wait list. His theme for the room, hunted dolls.

"Bakura, can I ask you something?"

"Sure Joey. What is it?"

Joey pointed to a plastic doll with no eyes and messy hair that Tea was placing next to a wood one with sunken eyes and a black dress. and asked, "Why?" Tristan came in with a box of more dolls saying, "Ignore him Bakura. It wouldn't matter what you chose. Clowns, witches, zombies, or spiders, it's all the same to this scaredy-cat."

"He said that they're haunted! And we are just touching them like no big deal! What if we get cursed!"

"Oh, no worries there Joey, I already set up the curse dolls in this case." Bakura smiled proudly as his hand motioned over a glass display case filled with different size dolls. Joey Blinked at the boy then turned on his heel to walk out of the room. Tea rolled her eyes as she called out that he was only kidding. Before Joey could make it out the door Yugi and Atem blocked the door with a large room table.

"Joey! It's a good thing you're here! Help us with this." Yugi panted. Seeing his little buddy struggling Joey got on one side and helped carry the table in. The table was made out of a black heavy wood that shone. Behind Yugi, Duke came in with a chair that match the table. "Why is this table so heavy!" Joey cried as they made it to the center of the room and set it down on a blood red carpet with a gold trim.

Tea walked up to the table with instructions on how to set up the table and asked, "Bakura, why are these instructions so, strict? Every detail has a 'must', 'do not', and 'warning'."

"Well, I was kidding about the dolls in the glass case. Those are just regular haunted dolls that I've been collecting, but I do have one that is supposed to be cursed." The group turned as a large wooden crate was wheeled into the room. Bakura stepped out from behind and open it. There standing in the box surrounded by red velvet was a life size porcelain doll. Atem felt a breath catching in his throat as Bakura lifted a cloth that protected her face. "Oh!" Tea gasped. "She so beautiful!"

"And so, life like." Duke said as he stared at it then asked, "She really is a doll, right? Not a girl dressed up as one to frighten people."

"She really is a doll and that table with all the trimmings are her belongings. My neighbor heard about my project and asked if I could display her here. They said that the doll was feeling lonely."

Atem walked forward to get a better look but Bakura stopped him saying, "Careful, according to the rules you have to ask for permission to get close to her or do anything with her.

"Or what? What will happen?" Joey asked.

"I don't know but that's what I read on the list I was given to care for her for tonight." Atem gazed at the doll's cold glass eyes and asked, "May I approach you, Miss?"

The air stilled then Joey cried out as he pointed to a battery-operated candle. The small yellow light blinked twice and Bakura explained that the candle was how she talks to people. Two blinks were a yes and three no.

"What a fun game!" Yugi cried. Atem stood staring into the doll' face as he wondered why he was so captivated by her. She was very beautiful to him but she wasn't real. Still he could sense that she to was watching him. There was something in her eyes that showed she was cognizance of her surroundings. Atem felt claustrophobic for her and wanted her out of her wooden prison.