Chapter 2

Chapter 2

When I woke up the next morning, it was so hot that my blankets were sticking to my bare legs because of all the sweat running down my body.

I didn't think it was going to be this hot during the night. I mean, there's no sun at night.

I roll out of my bed but with the thick blankets adhered to me, I fall face first to the ground with them tangled between my tacky legs.

I lay on the wooden floor for a couple seconds before hearing my alarm go off signalling the official start to my day.

I programmed my alarm to start screeching right when I have enough time to have a cold shower and get ready for the day so I can get enough shut eye as possible.

This has worked at home because I had my own ensuite, but I didn't think of the line up that could be waiting for me when I make my way to the communal bathrooms. I'm standing in the three person long line, realising I might be late for my first class if these other girls don't hurry up.

Three people may not seem like a long line right now, but when there's only three stalls of showers for 10 girls to share, it's really a lot more lengthy than you'd think.

After about half an hour of waiting, I finally get my turn in the shower. I hurriedly wash my hair and body before swiftly throwing on the clothes I brought along with me. I briskly walked back to my dorm to brush my teeth as all the basins in the shared bathroom were occupied, then I sprinted to my first class of the year.

I know I arrived to move into my dorm late, but that's because my mother wanted as much time as she could with me before I made the big move, so I booked my flight for the day before classes started up.

I found my classroom easily, walking through the brown door only to hear my name being called for attendance as it was the first day and the professors wanted to match the names to faces.

"Here" I declared embarrassedly, fast walking to the closest available seat in the large auditorium.

The professor continued to call the rest of the names on his list before starting the class.

While the professor was telling us what to expect during the semester, there's a knock on the door. When the professor glances over he ignores the person behind the wooden door.

I move my gaze to the door and make eye contact with a tall guy that looks no older than 19, his hair midnight black and his eyes as green as grass.

His eyes narrow in what seems to be anger before he whips around and starts trudging down the long corridor.

I guess he forgot that if you're late to class you're not allowed in the room after the professor closes the door.

The class went smoothly with the professor talking about all the assessments and projects that we'll have to complete during the semester.

"Okay class, I'd like to set some homework that's due next week. So, with this being a sociology course, I'd like you guys you get to know each other better and to learn how to grade each others work. I want you to pair up in groups of two, and I want you to tell each other anything you want about yourselves, whether you write out questions to ask or just ask them to tell you anything they want about themselves. I then want you to take that information and write an essay on certain areas of their lives, and the more accurate your essay is, then the higher your marks will be, of course with the inclusion of grammar and punctuation." The professor finishes, waving his hand at us silently telling us to pair up.

I peered to my right and noticed that the person that was previously sitting there is now seated with who I assume is their partner for this assessment. I then glanced to my left before I realised I was sitting on the end of the row, meaning there was no one seated next to me.