Chapter 2: I Don't Know

It has been three weeks since my brother and dad died. That day was mostly a blur. Mom was drinking a lot,  I mean who could blame her. How was I you may ask? If I had to choose one word to describe how I was would pick the word numb, just plain and simply numb. At first I tried to make it stop but at this point I don't care anymore. After what I have seen over these last few weeks I don't really care if I felt anything ever again.
The police have been investigating the scene for a while now. The theory was that someone planted some kind of explosive somewhere in the basement, while still looking for evidence to back it up. Now the only question was who and why? This immediately put my mom and I in danger. The rushed us home to go and pack our things so they could takes us to a safer place to go until they figure everything out.I got home and ran directly upstairs, followed by my mother. I pulled the biggest bag out of my closet and started shoving everything I could possibly fit in it. I looked at my self in the mirror and didn't even know who I was anymore I could not recognize myself then I  totally zoned out until I heard a sudden scream, a thud, and a door slam shut. I was terrified to go and see what happened, but I needed to make sure my mom was okay. I didn't even realize it but I was suddenly on the steps running down.
If you would have talked to me two months ago I would have panicked and totally freaked out , but I felt nothing just the urge to see my mom is okay and just tripped over the bar stool like she always did.As I turned the corner to go into my kitchen, there my mom was laying on the floor in her own pool of blood. All of the sudden I hear footsteps coming down the hall heavy and fast. Before I could run to the top of the steps the person saw me. A pair a piercing blue eyes a lot liked mine disappeared out the door like they were never there, but before the they left the person said "until we meet again" winked and was gone.
The level of confusion I had right then and there was too overwhelming. Why did that person not kill me? That was all the voices were saying to me now, they stuck around and  I didn't really mind.
I sat there for what felt like forever trying to wrap my head around what just happened. Then I realized my mom was dead, as I stood in a daze I somehow made it to a phone. While dialing 911, I was thinking about what I was going to say. Then I was soon interrupted by the operator "911 state your emergency" came through the phone. I told her a broad statement of what happened, but for some reason I could not bring myself to tell her I saw the murderer who did this whole mess. I made it short and said I heard a really loud noise downstairs and went to see what it was and then there my mom was. Not even five minutes later the sirens were blasting in my driveway. Of coarse came the neighbors out of their houses wondering what could be happening, at that moment I realized it would be a very long night.
Sobbing while hugging my mom the police came in and struggled to pull me off of her. I do not remember but they told me I was so hysterical they had to calm me down with a tranquilizer. After that day all I really can recall is being asked a lot of questions, and then my mom was really gone and I was an orphan.
I'm sorry if I can not explain this well enough for you but like I said everything is numb and they will not stop.