Chapter 1

"How could you do this to me? You promised no boy could ever get between us!!! Just because you have you problems at home doesn't mean you can destroy my life,"

"I-I'm sorry"

" This friendship is over, don't dream of talking to me again," she shouted tears streaming down her face.

I woke up with a sick feeling. The memory haunting me in dreams almost every night since it happened. Rochelle didn't deserve what I did to her.

I arrived at class just in time and sat into my normal seat beside Keiko. A new boy strode in and the popular girls, Ryuna, Haruhi and Aimi giggling and pointing at him. Typical, the popular girls who like the new, hot guy. I caught his wink from across the room but rolled my eyes and turned away. He walked towards me and plonked his arse on the seat behind me. Just great. Why am I always the next target for a date? I couldn't love anyone, I made sure I didn't after what I did two years ago in Year 11. Although I wanted to move on and start anew in the freshman year, it was impossible to cut ties with the guilt and with all the drama going on at home, I couldn't possibly start a relationship.

The teacher ran in, "Sorry for being late everyone, open your books to page 435 and read the passage while I talk to the new student Hayato." He stood up and walked away.

"Hey Akira, the new boy seems to be checking you out," said Keiko laughing

"Isn't it the same with almost every boy," I mumbled

"Well he seems hotter than the rest, different, anyway, have you heard about the swim meet with Iwazuka academy during swim practice today?"

"Uh - duh, and I get to swim again, the only time I can be free for a while,"

"Yup, and you always beat everyone at the swim meets,"

"Can't blame a girl for being the best,"

Swimming practice

"Ok everyone, this is Iwazuka academy and please welcome them. This is our first swim meet with them and will have many more in the future so please don't decide to terrorize them."  said Coach Masaru, " start doin some stretches then jump on into the pool,"

We walked over to lane 5 and was met with a boy.

" Takumi???!!! I haven't seen you since graduation,"

" Akira! Hi, I'm going to Iwazuka now, didn't realize you would still be swimming after.. you know."

"Yea.. only time I can ever forget is in the water, anyway this is my friend Keiko, and Keiko this is Takumi, one of my best friends back in high school,"

"Heyoo, I'm Keiko, happy to meet you," she said with a big smile.

"Hi I'm Takumi, I hope we will have more time to talk, I'm the only person who has come close enough to beating Akira in swimming," he smirked.

"Well, I'm gonna leave you two to catch up," then she dived into the water.

I blushed then I saw Hayoto walking towards lane 4 and gasped. That boy had the nerve to come to swimming. The only place where I can forget.

"Earth to Akira, have you talked to any boys other than me since then?"
Asked Takumi looking worried

"Sorry, no, I can't stop thinking about then, I cant believe I would go that far and I lost her, I shouldn't have, even if I was suffering at home," I said miserably," But today this new boy came, the one in Lane 4, he seemed different from everyone else to be honest,"

"I hope he can turn you back to who you were back in those days, we can talk later but now swim, race ya," then he dived into lane six

"HEY, CHEATER" then dived into the pool.
" I wonder what she did? " Hayato murmured to himself as she dove in.