Chapter 1

Chapter 1

All the members of the party were siting across the table including all the important and subordinates. Raj Malhotra was sitting in the centre with Manik on his left and Aryamaan on his right. They were having a heated discussion about the upcoming elections.

A prominent member stood up and approached the folk," Sir, I think Aryamaan has a right to the chair of the leader of this party. After all its his father's chair."

Manik frowned and Raj winced hearing that however they masked their fury with a smile etched on their faces.

Another one stood up and argued," I think Manik deserves to be our leader. He is so famous amongst the youth of the nation and plus he has been hyperactive in many good causes."

Manik straightened up and calmly said," I think if we keep debating who will be the leader after my father then we will never reach a conclusion. There should be a fair competition between me and Arya. The one who wins it will be the next face of our party."

Aryamaan cocked his brow and asked," What kind of competition, Manik?! What is the need for that?! With all due respect to Raj uncle, I think I should be the leader because my dad was going to accend to the chair but unfortunately he died in an accident and Raj uncle had to take his place. All of you sitting here were clear about his role as a caretaker of the party and not the heir. I am the heir, Period!"

"Manik is a heir too. Aryamaan, we are deciding on the basis of merit not on the basis of hereditary. By the looks of it Manik seems to have a smooth control over himself which is the most important thing required to be a leader. My vote is for Manik." A party member firmly stated.

There were total 41 prominent members and both Aryamaan and Manik had equal share of votes in their favour only one vote remained and that was of Raj Malhotra. He couldn't vote Manik openly though all he wanted was to hand over the leadership to his son. However he didn't wanted the world to see how he prefers his own son over his brother's son. How much ever he hates it he must play the part of an impartial uncle to Aryamaan.

"As you all know I have never discriminated between Manik and Aryamaan. Both of them are my sons and equally worthy of the leadership but as we know only one can have the crown so we have to take a decision before the next elections. I will be neutral so I will neither support Aryamaan nor will I support Manik. I think Manik's idea of a fair competition will help us to make our decision about who will be our next leader."

Everyone agreed to the suggestion except Aryamaan who was brooding over the decision and Manik who was finding it hard to enact the role of glacier.

As they reached the Malhotra mansion, Manik stormed off to his room and Aryamaan did the same. Raj sauntered behind Manik to calm him down. He was greeted with a ransacked room with broken furniture and curtains lying on the floor after being pulled down with animalistic force.

His eyes laced with worry and tension looking at Manik who was standing few steps away with a hand covered in blood raised to his head as he pushed back his unruly dark locks behind.

Manik bellowed, "Dad how could you not support me?! I am your blood and flesh. You supported him over me...."

Raj breaks in on him,"No I didn't support him. I cannot support you in broad daylight. I have to pretend that I am fair towards both of you. You know I want you to be the next leader."

Manik's eyes gleamed with hurt,"That's the problem. You only want me to take your place. But what you do for me?! Nothing! Zero contribution towards my political career. I made my own image in front of the world and you were busy being a crutch to your beloved son, Aryamaan."