Chapter 2

Today was the day when Manik was going to attend a graduation ceremony in one of the top colleges of Mumbai. He was to give an inspiring speech too. He had prepared himself well for all the question that could probably be asked.

He stepped out of the car and he was crowded by the media inspite of the circle of bodyguards made around him.

"Sir, we want to know who is to stand for next election?! You or Aryamaan sir?!"

"We all are family and we have one aim that is welfare of our people. It doesn't matters who stands for the elections from our party. Aryamaan and I are two branches of the same tree."

"Sir but won't you feel insecure and threatened if he takes your father's chair?!"

"No. I think thats enough for today. I have people inside this college waiting for me. I cannot be late so if you'll excuse me..." Saying so, he pushed his way ahead in the flock of reporters.

Insecure and threatened?! He thought to himself and frowned at their choice of words. This two words doesn't even come close to what he will feel if Aryamaan takes his place. He will feel violated and sucidial if that happens.

All the college authorities gave him a warm welcome as he set foot in the college premises. He could see girls and boys gaping at him through his shades.

"He is so hot."

"I love his fashion sense."

"I wish I could be his girlfriend. I think I have fallen in love with him."

"I want to marry him yaar."

His eyes widened at that and squinted next minute. Marriage?! That's too far lady but I won't mind an one night stand. However he kept his filthy thoughts to himself. He could still hear whisperings behind his back. That's exactly how he liked it and he had no mood to change it. Marriage would stop the brainstorming about his status.

He was taken to the auditorium where all the audience had gathered. He was to felistate every graduate with their degree. He was doing it for free to collect good will. He didn't take a penny for today's convocation. Of course it was for his own selfish reasons. He didn't did charity for free.

He took notice of the collegiates and mumbled something under his breath. Girls were swooning over him and guys were in awe of him. He grimaced looking at the pretty faces. Too bad he couldn't have any of them for a night. However his gaze hooked on to a girl who had her nose in the book. His eyes grew curious and eager to have an glimpse of her face. He wanted to know who was this girl who was immune to his charm.

"Attention Guys! All eyes on me!"

In a split of second all eyes were set on him in response to his baritone that commanded attention. He took in his audience especially the nerd who had her nose buried in her book a second ago. She was eyeful of beauty. She would time and again avert her gaze from him as he stared precisely at her. It was pretty obvious she didn't like being stared down by him. How he wished he could have a closer look. He could tell from far that she was beautiful but he couldn't tell was she pretty enough for a second glance or was she worthy enough to be called an enigma.

However he diverted his attention from her and started his speech," So what am I doing here?! Well all of you new graduates must be wondering the same thing. I am not here to lecture you or bore you by giving you some preaching. You know when I go back in time, I see myself in you people. I was just like you although I had a dream. I dreamed of creating a nation of my choice where no poor man will sleep without having two meals of the day. I dreamed of many things. I was a daydreamer that time and I still am but I had to get serious about my life. Coming from the kind of background I came from isn't simple as ABC. I have my own share of mistakes and trust me guys many of them are irrevocable. I do not keep regrets because I feel they make your life short. If you are so worried about what you did in the past then you'll never be able to act in your present so in turn you'll have no future. All of you are trendsetters like me. Everyone has a start and most of the time it is not something you are proud of still I want you all to believe in yourself and do want you feel is right for you. People will criticize you, put you down and make you feel like shit but you must only think about what you have set your mind on. Then and only then you'll find everything bearable. Every pain will be a sweet pain. Every goal will be possible if you think it's possible. What you think about your present will be your future only you must give it your best. I am not a good person but I think I am good to myself. I am loyal to my dreams and aspirations. I don't chant morals and values day and night because according to me what might be wrong for you might be right for me. I have my own values and morals because they work for me. I am fiercely committed to them because they have made me what I am today. You should never follow into anyone's steps. Be it your mom, your father, your uncle....No one! You should be your own person because no one takes the names of followers in this world. The world wants great men not good men. Don't try to be good try to be so great that there is no one like you in this world. So that's it for today and last but not the least my heartiest congratulations to all the graduates. All the best for your future."