Chapter 23 | Worth

Recap ~
Promise

"Shivaay are you fine?! I'm sorry I didn't meet you yesterday." Anika apologized trying to making their conversation normal.
"Not a problem" saying Shivaay cheered her up.

"Shivaay, I-I..." Anika stammered when Shivaay told "Anika, you know if you share feelings, you will really feel relaxed! And I think I'm worth sharing your feelings."

Just when she heard him say that, she said her flashback,"Me and Chanda were best friends ever since childhood, like we were more than sisters. We were so happy about joining the same college as well. One day, as usual we were going to college when suddenly a car sped rashly towards us and she-she..." Anika couldn't continue further as her voice choked.

Shivaay rubbed her back, and made her drink water.
"Don't blame yourself Anika! It's just the fate's game. Chanda is still here with you Anika. She will always live in your heart! And I know she won't like you crying because of her right?!" Shivaay asked while Anika smiled weakly saying,"Thank you Shivaay! For all that you did."

______________________

As usual, they had hectic office schedules as they were working on the new deal they signed. Om and Rudra didn't behave normally anymore with Anika. Both Shivaay and Anika noticed this and felt bad. One fine day, Anika confronted Om and Rudra who were sitting in the cafeteria with Shivaay.

"Hi Om! Rudra!" Anika greeted to which she didn't get any reply. They were to leave as Anika sat next to them but Shivaay caught hold of them signing them not to. Everyone were silent. Anika didn't know what to speak, she couldn't see that anger from OmRu for her.

All of a sudden, Om started coughing badly when Anika immediately got him water and made him drink rubbing his back.
"Thanks" Om uttered not knowing what to say.
"I'm sorry for what I did in the hospital Om, Rudra. It wasn't intentional! I just" Anika couldn't say any further.

"It's okay! We don't want explanations. But please leave us and Bhai! You are not worth our friendship." Rudra spat.
"RUDRA!" Shivaay almost hollered continuing,"It's not like what you think! She is..." Shivaay was to continue further when Anika signed him not to speak further.

"I got to know I'm not worth your friendship Rudra. From now on I won't come your way. Thank you for the bond you shared with me these many days." Anika enunciated and left from there.
Shivaay was about to go behind her when Om stopped him, "Bhai please. We have to go meet Vikram uncle! He's leaving tomorrow morning"
Reluctantly, Shivaay left for the rest of the day.

Evening at Vikram's house,

After some chatting sessions the three boys said in chorus,"Uncle we will miss you so much! Come back soon to Mumbai!"
"Of course I will boys. I will miss you guys too." Vikram said back smiling at them.

OmRu insisted that they will leave as Vikram told Anika will come anytime soon. Shivaay had to also go as he had another work.

Shivaay left and OmRu also started off in their car. They were at the corner of the street when they noticed a lorry hit a bike and the man died on spot. There was so much commotion there, so they decided to reverse their direction. Anika was walking in the street when she saw the accident spot. Immediately she started running farther away from the spot which was noticed by OmRu.

Getting down, OmRu followed her not understanding what really happened. At one point she felt weak on her knees and just fell on the road. OmRu were shocked seeing her state. They approached her to see her afraid of something.

"Anika are you fine?! Anika?!" Om called out as she didn't respond to them.
"No No No, I didn't do anything! I didn't kill Chanda. It was-it was an accident. Anika, Shivaay told you are not at mistake na! Then why are you blaming yourself. No I didn't kill my Chanda." Anika was continuously uttering to herself tears rolling down.

Om and Rudra couldn't see their friend like that. And they understood she had a dark past which was haunting her.

 And they understood she had a dark past which was haunting her

"Anika, it's okay. Relax!" Om said assuaging her. That's when she realized Om and Rudra next to her.

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't come your way!" saying she was about to leave when Rudra said,"Anika I'm sorry! I shouldn't have been so rude to you!" Rudra said catching hold of her hands.
"It's okay Rudra! You are not at mistake. Even if I were in your place, I would have misunderstood and reacted the same way." Anika said trying to smile.

"Are we worth being your friends?!" Om and Rudra asked catching hold of their ears.
"Om and Rudra! I'm glad I got you guys back." Anika said hugging her friends in overwhelming happiness.

_______________________________________

Precap ~
Perfect