chapter one - three beautiful views

i woke up not knowing where i was, but i felt safe because i knew he was next to me. 

wiping my eyes, i realized we were in zach's guest bedroom. i sat up and rested on my elbows, my head aching - i wasn't hung over, but i wasn't exactly sober last night, either.

mikey shuffled underneath the covers, popping his head out. his eyes remained closed, but he smiled. "good morning, beautiful," he whispered. my heart fluttered. he turned over on his bare back and rested his head on my chest. "for a second there, i forgot where i was," he laughed. "me too," i giggled, now running my fingers through his soft hair. his body became tense from my touch.

there was a knock on the door. "can i come in?" i heard zach from the other end. "sure," mikey said, keeping his eyes closed. zach smiled at us when he walked in. "morning, lauren," he said to me. "good morning," i smiled. "what about me?" mikey laughed. "you don't seem exactly awake," zach playfully rolled his eyes. "get up," he threw a pillow at mikey - who flinched. "jesse and i made breakfast." mikey groaned, pulling the sheets over his head. "just give us a few minutes," he said. zach left the room. it was quiet again.

mikey turned his head over and looked at me. his eyes were open now, and they were staring right into mine. i glanced at his lips. it had been a while since we last kissed. he looked away, sat up, and ran his fingers through his hair. his mind seemed to be somewhere else.

"hey," i put my hand on his shoulder. his eyes met mine again. "are you okay?"

"i'm fine."

"let's just go before they start nagging us," he laughed, grabbing my hand and pulling me off the bed.

--

after breakfast, the boys had band practice - so i went back to my apartment. besides, i could use some alone time. when i got home, i realized how completely exhausted i was. i walked to my bedroom, threw on one of mikey's t-shirts, and crawled into my bed. right before i fell asleep, i got a phone call.

it was mikey.

"hello?" he called from the other end. i sat up on the bed, wishing he was here, instead of over the phone. "hey, what's up? aren't you at practice?" i asked, rubbing my eyes. "well yeah, but you were on my mind," he said swiftly. i could hear him blushing, which only made me smile wider. 

mikey cleared his throat. "and on top of that, i uh - i mean, we're having a kick back here at zach's tonight," he explained. again...? "babe, you guys had one last night," i laughed. "i know, but this is a wind-down kick back, not a party. fewer people, no drinks, just warming up by the campfire and staring at the stars..." his voice sounded so sweet and smooth, but at the same time - very sexy. of course, he convinced me. "alright, what time?" i gave in.

mikey told me to get there around 8:00 pm. it was only 4:00 now, so i had a few hours to take a nap. i set my alarm and eventually fell asleep.

--

i woke up to the sound of my phone - but it wasn't my alarm, it was actually ringing. i sat up, rubbed my eyes, and tried to find my phone in the sheets of my bed. once i finally found it, i answered mikey's call. "hey, you still coming?" mikey asked. i glanced at the clock. 8:12 pm. shit, missed my alarm...

i told mikey i was on my way - which wasn't exactly that big of a lie, because ten minutes later i was ready and out of my apartment, headed towards zach's place.

--

mikey opened the front door for me. "hello," he whispered with a smirk. god, you're the perfect combination of soft and sexy. he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside, shutting the door behind him. the whole house was dark, i could only see a few feet before my face, making it hard to walk. "i've got you," mikey held onto my waist, his head appearing next to mine. "come on."