Cross My Heart

" Isabelle...when we grow up...you'll promise you'll marry me right? We can leave this place and we can go wherever you want to go..." Ashton said all of a sudden the hint of a blush touching his cheeks. He instantly went back to looking out the orphange window, staring out at the cars along the street. 

       A blush creeped up my neck- I'd never thought about that, leaving the orphanage, especially with..Ashton. And anyways we're only 8 years old..but I guess when your an orphan, you see the way life really is, the reality.

        Peeking over at Ashton in the dark, I whispered back," I'd like that...even with you." I giggled kiddingly giving him a knudge with my elbow.

        We were both staring out the window, and I was thinking of how I got here in the first place. " You mean it right...that you'll marry me...?" he blushed again, except this time his eyes never left me.

        I could feel my blush darkening. " O-of course." 

        " Cross your heart? Cross it!" Ashton gasped moving closer, his eyes getting wide as he crossed his heart with his index finger.

        Smiling, I crossed my heart as I-

BBBBBBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        I start to scream as I shoot straight up in bed. " Ugh shut up." I groan as I hit the alarm with my pillow, while at the same time rolling out of bed. I had the dream again..I actually had the dream-or, should I say a memory? It just seems like I can't get it out of my mind, as if that vow was somehow embedded in my brain...but hes probabaly forgotten all about me now.. I mean, it has been 10 years, and its not like I even know where he is anyway

My door suddenly opened as a head peeked in. "Honey are you alright- I heard you screaming and I-"

        "I'm fine mom, just a bad dream. I'll be down in a bit-kay?" I smile halfheartedly as I stretch out my arms.

        "Okay honey..you know, if anythings troubling you, you know I'm always here. I just hope you know that." she smiled beforing kissing the top of my head and shutting the door behind her.

And thats mom, and I've been adopted for the last 10 years of my life, a week after Ashton and I had made our vow. But even though its been that long I can't forget our stupid little promise..and anyways, its not like if I actually ended up seeing him again he would even WANT to see me.. right?