09

21 August '18
D-day

Hyunjoo busied herself by checking what else could be left or forget to bring. She ticked all the things on the list which already being packed. Today, their morning is more hectic than usual.

"Why you need to do all of this?" Eunkwang sat in front of Hyunjoo who is focussing on the things in the luggage. He wiped his wet very short hair with towel.

Hyunjoo just took a glance of Eunkwang then focus back to what she is doing before. Her heart actually not strong enough to see new Eunkwang. He's looking so good but such a pity she should let him go.

"Just afraid if you don't bring what you need there." Hyunjoo said without looking.

Eunkwang shooked her head. Then, he let her be but still sitting in front of her. His eyes wandered around his house. His mom, his brother and Minhyuk were busy preparing the breakfast.
Hyunsik probably in the toilet, taking a bath. Meanwhile, Changsub is picking up his dad at the bus station. Sungjae went to his home as he had emergency with his family's company.

"Are you not nervous?" Hyunjoo asked. She zipped the luggage back and put it aside. She came to Eunkwang closer and leaned her head on Eunkwang's chest.

Eunkwang took her hand and rubbed them. "Of course, I am." He said. Hyunjoo's warmth heated his cold body up.

Hyunjoo closed her eyes. "I hope you'll do well there." Eunkwang smiled. Then, he pulled Hyunjoo into his embrace.

"Surely, I'll do well. I also will work hard there. To protect you and the country."

Hyunjoo giggled. "I can't wait to see manly version of you, Eunkwang-ah."

"Yah! I'm not manly enough?"

Hyunjoo shooked her head and she grinned. "How could you- ?" Eunkwang pinched her cheeks.

"Ah! It's hurt!!" Hyunjoo exclaimed and rubbed her cheeks which already turn red.

"These love birds. The breakfast are ready. Let's go eat." Minhyuk glared at us while both of his hand on the waist.

Both of Eunkwang and Hyunjoo chuckled to his jealousy. Minhyuk just hissed while took his step back to the kitchen.

"Told ya, you need to get a girlfriend." Eunkwang said while pat Minhyuk's shoulder.

"I'm going to military soon too. I don't need a girlfriend." Minhyuk shoved away Eunkwang's hand. Eunkwang laughed. Knowing that his friend is sulking.

"That is the main reason why you should get one."

"Don't tell me you're not over Chaerin yet?" Hyunjoo elbowed Eunchong as those words slipped out from his mouth.

Eunkwang glared at Eunchong. Minhyuk's eyes already downcast to the dining table. That situation totally turned awkward.

"Uh--"

"Let's eat." Minhyuk cut the words. Eunkwang pat his friend's back. Hopefully, he is okay.

❄❄❄

"Ah hyung!! I really sorry!!" 

Sungjae voiced echoed on the phone. They're stopped by at rest area  after two hours depart from Eunkwang's apartment.

Eunkwang crossed his arm and pout. Act like he's sulking with Sungjae. Unfortunately, Sungjae couldn't come along to send Eunkwang to the military camp. The problem of his family's company is still not settle down yet.

"When you're having a break, I promise I'll treat you a meal! Expensive one!"

"Me too, Sungjae-ya." Changsub's face suddenly popped out on the screen. Everyone there, especially Hyunsik who is held the phone gave a death glare to him.

Hyunjoo pulled Changsub away as he block the sight of everyone. "Aah!  Hyung! I want to see Eunkwang hyung! Not you!"

Changsub sticked out his tongue. Then, he ran away to the men toilet. Eunkwang's mom just shooked her head. Although these boys already in their 20's and some of them in end of 20's but still they act like a little kid.

"You broke your promise, Yook Sungjae."

"I'm sorry. This is unexpected! At least you have Hyunjoo!"

Eunkwang's eyes shifted to Hyunjoo. Then, he smiled, made Hyunjoo blushed.

"Ah! They're acting sweet again!" Hyunsik complained. The boys were mocking them while Eunkwang's parents just smiled by watching them. They're really glad Eunkwang got such a lovely friends and girlfriend.

"Hyung! Contact me alot when you're there okay! I'll miss you!"

Sungjae waved his hand, on the screen. Eunkwang waved back. "I'll miss you too!"

For the first time, Eunkwang realised he'll leave his friends, his family and Hyunjoo. Before this, he just felt like it was a dream and followed the flow. But after Sungjae was saying goodbye, reality hit him hard. He's not going to see and spend time with them for two years. Although, he'll having a break but it's short and he had a greed to want it more.

"Hey, we're going." Hyunjoo pat Eunkwang's back, called him to the reality. They're going back to their car but Eunkwang still on the seat. Drowned in a deep thought.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjoo asked. Eunkwang just nod and get up from the seat.

"Let's go." He took Hyunjoo's hand and walked together.

The boys stunned as they went out from the car. Their jaw dropped. For the first time, they saw a military camp. The place that they must go once in a life.

"Aigoo.. You look at the boys. They must feel nervous." Eunkwang's mom whispered to Hyunjoo. Hyunjoo turned her head to them. Both of them chuckled. Eunkwang's dad just shooked his head. He have been in military, so he knew how it feels like.

"Just let them be. It's all boys' fear." Eunkwang's dad added. Hyunjoo just smiled.

"Whoa.. This is how military look?" Minhyuk can't help but his eyes wandered around the military camp. The place was a bit crowded since there were other family members too. Send off them who are going to serve in military.

"You're going too face this soon, Minhyuk-ah." Eunkwang said.

"Me too." Changsub added. All of them nod in union.

"You should go register yourself, Eunkwang-ah." Eunkwang's mom pat his back. The boys took time too long in admiring the place.

Eunkwang nod and got all of his stuffs needed for registration. At first, he's a bit hesitated to go as he felt so new to the environment. He's wondering how is his life after today ends. Tomorrow and days ahead. Living in military life.

"Want me to accompany?" Hyunjoo asked. Eunkwang flinched a bit. Then, he shooked his head.

"No need. I'm not a baby." Hyunjoo chuckled.

"Okay then." She leaned closer and gave a peck on Eunkwang's cheek. She pat both of Eunkwang's arms twice.

"Fighting!"

Eunkwang smiled and nod. He gave a quick kiss on Hyunjoo's forehead and walked away to the registration place.