Quiet Adventure

The room was lit with only the white light from the lamp in the far corner of the room. The light sent soft shadows across their faces. The room filled with just the comfort of each other. The atmosphere was the most peaceful they'd been in for weeks.

Their lips touched gently. His long hair getting in the way of the moment. Damien pushed the strand of Theo's hair behind his ear and placed his hand on Theo's shoulder lightly kissing Theo with a little more passion yet still so soft.

The two were sitting on Damien's bed. His parents weren't home, so the two took the time to cherish their time together because after this they wouldn't be able to again for who knows how long. These small gentle intimate moments of affection where silence except for the sound of breathing bodies was the most calming thing.

Theo pulled away from the moment.

"We should go to the park and sit in the trees," Theo whispered almost being unheard.

"What do you mean," Damien looked at Theo curiously, "Its late and dark."

"So you've got a car and your parents don't get back until tomorrow afternoon."

Theo was already sliding off of the plush bed to grab his jacket and slip on his shoes.

Damien grinned.

"Okay let's go then," he said excitement clear in his voice.

There was something about all of this that seemed so thrilling. The rush that came with disobeying without being caught. The feeling that came with knowing that what you were doing was in some way wrong.

It felt like freedom from the concern that the core of you and things you can't change, that you don't have a choice in deciding about yourself were wrong.

Damien plucked the keys to his car off his desk. Him and Theo ran down the stairs excitement coursing through them as they ran out the door and into the car.

"Let me drive," Theo who was practically bouncing urged.

"Are you sure," Damien questioned.

"Of course I am," Theo chuckled.

Damien tossed Theo the keys and they hopped in the car. Damien began setting his phone up to the stereo.

"You better not play some bullshit," Theo joked as he drove faster down the empty road.

"Don't worry I'm playing your emo shit just for you," Damien jested.

"Fuck off," Theo laughed.

They arrived at the park which consisted mainly of woods and a river that wound through it. The pair got out of the car and walked down a small trail that gave way to a more foresty area. Tall trees surrounded them as they walked hand in hand in the dead of night. The sound of wind rustling the leaves and small animals running from branch to branch above their heads. It was serene.

The couple sat on the ground against the base of a large tree. They laughed, kissed, held hands, and enjoyed each others company without hesitation or fear.

It was early morning when they returned. The adventure was done and held hope in their hearts. One day they'll love without fear.

________________________________________________________________________________

hi thanks for making it this far! hope you at least a little liked my story. give feedback and advice if you want its always welcome! - charlees