I should have.

JJK x KYM
[ One-shot ]

"Hey, long time no see." I said. You smiled at me and replied. "Kim Yerim, it's been a while."

"Isn't he your first love?" I shrugged as I flopped down the sofa, another episode of a show called "Level Up" was being played. Bae Joohyun, my cousin, placed a bowl of popcorns in the table in front of us and covered her body with a yellow blanket. "I don't know if that was love." I replied after thinking about it deeply.

"Looking back, he's the only boy I'm close to when I was in Junior High. But I didn't get to say goodbye when he graduated." I sighed and took a handful of popcorn to eat, I can fee the glare of my cousin with how crumbs fall of my hands. "He's not the boy you want to confess before to?" she asked.

I nodded. I nodded but he is, he is the boy I want to confess before. But she shouldn't know that. "He's just a friend." A loud sound interrupted us as my phone started ringing. Joohyun-unnie reached over the table and looked at my phone. "Who is it?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"I'm sorry!" Jungkook said as he rushed to meet me inside the store I was staying at. He called me last time to meet with him because he needed my help with something. "It's okay! It's okay!" I smiled and went towards him. "So what help do you need?" I asked him. That's when I noticed a blush on his face.

"I need to find a gift for a special girl so... I want to ask you for help with what girls like." He answered, he sheepishly rubbed the back of his head with a small shy smile on his face. "Oh. I see." I can feel my chest clench in pain but I shrugged it off and walked beside him in silence. How ironic, I am helping my first love buy a gift for another girl.

"But, you've really changed. Before you are always so... fierce. Now you're all... cheery and pretty." I laughed at his comment and looked at him. "Are you saying I'm not pretty before?" I was just teasing him when I asked that but his face became serious as he patted my head. "You're pretty before and prettier now." He said before walking in front of me. I stopped for a second and felt my face heating up.

We went through the day visiting shops, in the end we bought a simple silver bracelet. The shop offered to a personalization of the pendant so Jungkook will have to come back after a week for it to be finished.

"Hey, do you want to meet tomorrow? After your class?" We were riding the bus going home when he asked me. We study in different universities, we met again in the cafe near both of our schools and exchange numbers.

"Yeah sure. How about that library we go often back in junior high?" He hummed a reply and didn't speak again so I looked at him. He was just staring out of the bus window with a smile on his face.

I didn't know what pain I would experience by tomorrow.

"Kim Yerim. Where are you going?" I heard a voice behind me to see my bestfriend. Kim Saeron. "No where." I replied, hoping she'll drop the topic and let me go already. "Then let's go to a shop that just opened."

I was panicking inside because I can't let her know that I'm meeting Jungkook or she'll tease me and probably will tell it to my other friends. I shouted an apology before running, glad I wore a converse and not heels.

When I reached the library I saw Jungkook sitting on a table, but he's not alone. He saw me when the bells connected to the door made some noise. "Hey! Here." He waved at me and sat down beside him. He is wearing this boyish grin and I can't help but smile.