Chapter 1 : Cold July Evening

Have you ever felt so excited about something that you just can't sit still and your muscles vibrate so bad that you start bouncing off the walls?? At this point you can't help but talk about what's making you feel so excited like this, and you've got to tell all your friends about it. Well, not all of them but just the one's who you trust the most cause whatever it is, you can't keep it in, it has to get out, it's epic news that could be the pinnacle of a new era, a trigger to an amazing, once in a lifetime love story.......... You get the idea.

That's how I felt when my crush commented and liked one of my posts on Instagram.

I know, I know. Just a comment and a like. Correction. The only thing that's happened in the four years I've loved her. Yes, four years. I had this huge crush on her for four years and I never did anything about it. It was 100% love and zero moves.

But this comment and like changed everything. I guess this is where it all began. This is my story. The story of how I met the most perfect person in the world for me. The story of how I met the love of my life. And it all started on that one very cold, fateful July evening.

**********

My name is Raymond Hunter and I'm a nerd. Well not really. Would you call someone who's totally into anime, fictional series and comics or anything with an intriguing storyline or a hidden mystery that'll wreak havoc in your mind like a twisted psychotic.... Well, I think you see the picture now. Anyway that's me. I'm also on fanbased websites relating all that and I'm a pretty top rated member in all of them. I love talking, debating or even writing about anything like that in blogs or chats and discussing about it. So yeah in short, a nerd.

I don't look like one though. I'm 5"5 with jet black hair and dark eyes, skin like milk with a pinch of coffee in it. My friend Neil said I looked attractive and he added "in a gay way". I think I did something to him because of that.

Anyway, I've never had trouble trying to get girls. Until sixth grade when this girl I dated, spread a roumer that apparently I talk more about Pokémon on our first date than anything. Well that was a setback. Love life got a bit difficult after that.

And that was around the time I met her. I saw her on our first day of  high school. Me and my friends, five of us, stood near the gates and watched as all the girls came through. It was our second year in the same school, so we were used to the school's local kids. But these were the new kids, new girls. Yes, we were five little perverts standing around watching all the chicks. I blame my friend Aaron. It was his idea.

But he was also the one who pointed her out to me. He was like, "Dude, check her out, she's a beauty!!" I'm like "Yeah yeah, uh huh," I wasn't that interested. When I was a kid I got bullied by some girls and ever since I haven't been the same. Not bullied, they thought I was cute and they pinched my cheeks till I cried. But I got real hurt. So yeah. Bullied.

That afternoon, at basketball tryouts, I saw her play. And oh my god. She was an absolute angel. BTW her name is Lucy Hitomi. She's half Japanese. One of the many reasons why I loved her.

I went home that day after school around 5 pm. The sun was setting, the clouds were fluffy pink cotton candy. Yellow gold and red tainted the sky where the sun slowly sunk below the skyscrapers. Purple slowly diminished across the other side, stars twinkling faintly. I walked out of school headed towards the train station. I lived across the city, in sort of a rural area, kinda like a small town. There was another city to the other side of the city. My town was called Riverdew Town. The city, Melatri. And the one a train ride away, was called the Youth City. So I headed alone to the train station cause my town was also accessible by train.