💚

Mark's expression changed from worried to confuse in almost an instant. "What do you mean you quit?"

"You said it. I've been handing you all my problems so I can do other things. You haven't had a proper rest in a very long time. So why not step down?" Jackson's heart beat started picking up its pace as he said so. Who wouldn't anyway? This wasn't a well thought out plan.

"What are you trying to say?" Mark raised his brow.

"What I'm saying is that I'll no longer be Jackson Wang, rapper and CEO. Just rapper." He smiled.

Mark eyes widen, leaning back a little, "Wait wait wait. You want to give up your position as CEO?" he rephrased.

Jackson was quite hesitant but he nodded his head. "Hun, don't you think this is too much. And that's coming from me."

"No I'm being serious." This time, he used both his hands to hold Mark's right hand.

"Since when did you think of this?" Mark asked.

"Just now," he bluntly replied, making Mark laugh. "Jackson... you can't just decide these kind of things like this. You have to consult your entire employees and senior management about this first."

"And why would I do that?!" Jackson asked.

"Wh- This is your company we're talking about! You should think about this more thoroughly and not just jump into conclusions. You've built this kingdom of yours for a very long time. You can't just step down just like that," Mark continues to argue.

"I'm telling you this first because I love you and I know you'd be the most reasonable person to talk to about this. Yet, hear me out," Jackson emphasized the first part. "I'm never always present anyways so why not give the position to someone more capable in managing the whole company? In and honesty, I don't even like being the CEO. As long as I get to make music I love then I'm fine with it. Plus, it'd be weird if both of us is a CEO."

"How is that weird?" Mark raised his brow.

Jackson shrugged, not really knowing why, but it does sound weird now that he thinks about it, "Someone's gotta be there for Zeyu."

Mark sighed, taking in what Jackson had just said, breaking free from Jackson's hold to rub his temples. "This is just... Okay. Wow!"

"Mark, listen to me." Jackson grabbed both of Mark's hands, forcing him to look at him, "You don't have to worry about me anymore. No more extra work, no more extra paperwork, more overtime, no more fighting." He reasoned, "You told me to do the right thing for the company and Hun maybe this is the right thing."

"Jackson I have to be worried about you because I love you, however..." Mark trailed off but stopped with a conflicted expression and sighed for like the hundredth time already.

Jackson bit his bottom lip, "Don't you want that?"

"I do!" Mark shook his head. "I don't want us to keep fighting over this anymore. But I'm thinking about you."

"Me?"

Mark nodded, "Do you want this? Like are you a hundred percent okay with this? I don't want you to do this if you feel compel to just because of me."

Before he could give his reply, Jackson quickly thought of the possibilities and consequences if he gives up his title. Would this really benefit him? Now that he came to his senses, it really needs to be further discussed with his other members and is certainly not just an overnight decision.

"If it makes you happy," Jackson hummed, squeezing Mark's hand gently.

"Jackson... As sweet as it may sound, you can't make it look like your entire world revolves around me. You also have to think about yourself. You have your needs and wants, and your reputation is line also. Plus, what will the media think about this? You'll make it to the headlines in all media outlets for more than a month presumably. And what about your employees? What will they think?" Mark exclaimed, once more gaining the attention of the men behind them, but they paid no mind to them being nosy.