29

corbyn found himself rushing to the hospital for the second time. at every stop light, he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel anxiously.

he made his way to zach's room. zach was getting surgery. corbyn didn't know, but when zach told him he made sure he had nothing else to do for the rest of the day so he can be by zach's side through everything.

zach greeted him with a smile.

"how are you feeling?" corbyn asked, sitting on the stiff bed.

"i'm actually not that nervous," zach replied. "but maybe it's because i'm already getting drugged." he shrugged and pulled on the plastic tube.

"you will be fine!" corbyn said, although he wasn't sure if he was saying that to himself or to zach, hoping everything would turn out okay. "i'll be here, by your side the whole time."

zach started complaining, but for most of the time, corbyn's attention were on zach's lips. he wanted to kiss them so bad, and was debating on whether or not to do so. he came to realize that maybe this is the only chance he'll get, and if he doesn't take it, he will never know how it felt to kiss zach.

as zach continued complaining, corbyn leaned in and connected his lips with zach's. the younger boy was taken by surprise, but he kissed back, feeling sparks. their lips fit perfectly with one another like a puzzle piece.

they separated after a moment, and smiled at each other. zach was still in shock, but wasn't complaining. he had to admit, he dreamed of kissing corbyn many times.

a nurse came in, interrupting their moment, to say that the surgery was about to start. corbyn sighed and tucked zach in, watching the nurses take him away.

>>>

three hours later, corbyn was sitting next to zach's mom, reese on corbyn's lap, asleep, and ryan sitting next to him.

"mrs. herron?" a doctor came in and called.

the woman stood up, excusing herself and walked towards the doctor.

corbyn watch carefully, rubbing reese's back. he saw zach's mom let out a cry and his heart started racing. he was curious to know how the surgery went, but at the same time didn't want to know.