sugar

you're my sugar, sugar, sugar

PRESENT.

millie felt shivers erupt up her spine as she stepped into the eerily familiar house, her deep brown eyes wandering around the big entrance room. her high heeled boots clicked against the floor as she flipped a switch, choking on a breath as the room was filled with a pale yellow light. she turned on the fire and pulled her coat tighter around her, letting herself take a seat on the familiar brown leathery couch.

she bit her lip lightly as she glanced out the window. her dad entered the house, tossing a couple bags onto the floor as he dusted off his pants. he forced a smile, his eyes landing on millie. "well? here we are." millie gulped and nodded, closing her eyes for a brief second.

her dad took a seat across from her his eyebrows furrowing. "listen, millie. i'm sorry. i know you didn't want to be here. i do think this will be good for you... get away from everything." millie's gaze lifted up at him, and she shook her head lightly. "it's not getting away from anything, it's putting me right back in a position i didn't want to be in!" her voice raised, and she cut off her words, not wanting to make her dad feel worse then he did.

tears welled up in her dark eyes, and her dad bowed his head, taking millie's hands in his. "mills... i'm so sorry. i didn't realize this place was that bad to return to." millie blinked, and shook her head. "it's okay. i'm never gonna get through life avoiding everything that scares me."

-

darkness had fallen over the mountains, and millie shivered as she stepped outside, taking a seat on the familiar rocking chair on her front porch. she pulled a blanket over her, gently rocking back and forth. she thought of her mom, and tears dropped down her cheeks. she didn't wipe them away, instead closed her eyes, letting the sob escape her throat as watery pebbles pounded down her face.

she stopped when she heard the crunch of the snow, and wiped her face off as her head lifted up. her heart froze as she recognized the figure stepping out of the dark. "you're back," the girl whispered, and millie's eyes widened in disbelief. "i'm back," she agreed, and her eyes traveled down the blonde girl's thin body.

she stepped onto the porch, goosebumps spread up her bare arms, and millie frowned as she noticed the girl was only wearing a t-shirt and jeans. "may i?" she asked, hesitating on the porch. millie inclined her head in response, and the girl took a seat next to millie on the bench. there was a pause, and it grew out longer and longer until-

"you didn't have to come back, you know." the girl whispered. millie turned, their eyes locking. "i didn't come for you." she could've sworn there was a flicker of hurt that passed on her eyes, but she brushed it off. "i- wouldn't have expected you to."

millie took a deep breath. "i wish things could've ended better, you know. i thought about it for months, wracking my brain to think of how to find you- contact you-,"

the girl laughed lightly and shook her head. "if you really cared, you would've stayed." millie jerked her head towards her, anger flaring in her eyes. "you know i couldn't have. god, lilia, this is why we- you know i couldn't have."

millie paused, noticing lilia had paled. "i'm sorry. i shouldn't blame you. it wasn't your fault." millie raised her eyebrows in response.

there was another long silence. then millie spoke again, her words choked out. "i regretted leaving. i wished i'd stayed. i didn't leave my room for days. i couldn't stop thinking about it... what would have happen if i had." lilia didn't say anything, just stared out at the white fluff that had started to fall from the sky.

another pause.

"i missed you." millie's voice broke.

lilia turned, a single tear falling down her face. "you have no fucking idea, mills."

-

author's note:)

OKAY IVE WANTED TO WRITE MILIA FOR SO LONG ITS UNREAL AND HERE WE ARE!

i posted a oneshot and y'all seemed interested so i hope you enjoy, since it's not a big ship i'll need your support! please vote and tag some friends who you think will enjoy and it'll mean a lot to me!

tell me your thoughts here!!