The Colour Bandits

Black.

Total darkness.

Not a single speck of colour in sight.

What used to be galaxy full of colour and light was now a dreary place blanketed in black and grey.

It had been like this for some time now.

A faint buzzing sound could be heard.

Suddenly a flash of blinding silver light streaked across the sky illuminating the midnight sky, followed by a menagerie of colours ranging from metallic gold to eccentric purples to acid green to crimson red.

They were back.

The dynamic duo. The plucky pair.

He was the muscle. She was the brains.

They dressed like ordinary teenagers.

They wore grey jeans, a white t-shirt and combat boots with a white backpack.

She wore a silver bomber jacket and he wore a silver waistcoat.

Like I said. Ordinary teenagers.

Wrong.

Well maybe if your definition of ordinary is a backpack that contained a large ray gun filled with paint and spray cans in various colours, then yes they were “ordinary”.

The boy was known as Falcon and the girl was known as Finch.

Suitable names for their swift bird-like agility.

But those weren’t their real names.

No one knew where they came from, or who their parents were.

They never stayed in a place long enough for anyone to really get to know them.

But everyone knew who they were.

Risking their lives to bring colour to what was a dull, colourless galaxy.

They moved swiftly and briskly as they couldn’t get caught.

They were always on the run.

I mean if you were wanted in 6 different planets, would you stay in one place?

I doubt it.

They would varnish buildings and floors with paint until not a single piece of black or grey land was left.

They would always leave their symbol behind. A large silver ‘C’ coinciding with a purple ‘B’ would be sprayed on the ground.

And then they would leave, flying off to bring colour to another planet.

Who are they you may ask?

They are the Colour Bandits.

Bringing colour and light to a planet near you…