Yet Another Dream...

"Hey, baby, look!" I chime, looking out at the night sky. I race quickly outside, over the deck, and onto the moonlit grass, which cools my feet instantly.

He follows me out and makes his way onto the grass, barefoot as well. I turn around, my hair twirling around with me as I grin from ear to ear. I race over to him with an idea in mind.

"Wanna dance?" I question, holding a small hand out for his larger one to take. Luckily the moonlight isn't showing how red my cheeks are at the moment.

"I don't know how to." He responds, shyly.

"Nonsense! Here, I'll show you!"

I race inside, grab his speaker, and place it on the edge of the deck. He looks through his playlist on his phone until he settles on the song 'Why Don't We Just Dance' by Josh Turner. I take his hands gently and we begin to sway with the music. Eventually, as the music swells on, he begins to spin me. The world spins around me, it's beauty basking in the moonlight.

Just as the song is about to end, he pulls me gently by the arm into his gentle warm grasp and kisses me. My knees crumble, and I fall down onto the cold earth.

"You okay?" He asks, bepuzzled. I nod.

"It's just that....I forgot to brace myself this time."

We laugh and make our way over to the hammock, where we lay together, me in his arms, gazing at the vast sky of stars above us.

•WAKING UP•

I wake up from the dream, my heart beating like it would anytime that he was here. I keep thinking, 'was that actually a dream?'. In no time, I realize he isn't here; none of that happened. I sit up, thinking to myself; ten days left until I get to see him. I need to take on this week like an enraged buck with its antlers aimed for your old Chevy truck parked in the parking lot of a gas station on the edge of the woods.

And, yet,

My heart drops.

Back to being lonely.....