Getting Geared Up

Philip's P.O.V.

Today's the first playoffs game for my school vs the high school most of my siblings go to. I'm the football captain and quarter back. I needed to help my team win this game. Thankfully I wasn't banned from playing. God, I would lose it. I'm sure the coach is going to give Johnny and I a mini lecture saying don't fight or tackle each other or whatever. I wonder if Connor is mad at me. Considering Johnny's his twin. Knowing Oli's going to be at my game, did give me confidence though. I'm pretty sure Angie, John and James are going as well. Even though they belong to the other high school, they're voting for mine. They actually might get moved to my school since they've been honor students for years like myself. I'll admit, Angie, John and James, are my favorite siblings. They can be annoying but I love them to death.

I sat in my room and scrolled through Instagram while I watched the time. I have to be at the field at about 5:30 p.m. So I have time. It's only 3 p.m. At the moment, I'm just waiting a bit till Oli gets out of school. He's coming over to my house after school. My parents already think he's adorable and mostly all my siblings know about him. I just don't want Alexander bothering us. Knowing him, he'll make some shitty homophobic joke to piss me off. Just then my dad walks in and smiles. 

"Hey son. When's the game?" He asked. I smiled back and sat up.

"I have to be at the field by 5:30. The official time that it starts though is 6:30. We get an hour to practice." I replied.

"Nice. Oh and Angie, John and James are being put into your school. John and James are two years below you and Angie is only a year below you, so you might see them in the halls or whatever." He said smiling. I smiled brightly.

"Great! I love them all to death so I'm glad they're in my school." I smiled. Then I heard a yell from downstairs.

"DAD!!!!! CAN YOU HELP ME STUDY!?!?" Alexander yelled from downstairs. My dad facepalmed and sighed.

"I'll be down in a minute Alexander!!!" My dad yelled back.

"Alexander isn't doing the best with his grades right now. So I doubt he'll be in your honors high school." He said. I pretended to look upset. But, really, I wasn't. He was my only sibling that I truly hated.

"Oh...darn...doesn't that suck..." I replied. My father chuckled and looked at me. 

"I know you're happy about that Philip. I know you two don't get along." He laughed and I laughed too.

"Well I'm going to go help your brother study. Also, isn't Oli coming over today?" He asked. I nodded and smiled and he smiled back. 

"He's a nice boy Philip. I'm proud of you." He smiled. It was nice hearing my dad was proud of me. I smiled back at him.

"Thanks dad." I replied. He smiled and walked out of the room and downstairs to go help Alexander. I sat back on my bed and smiled to myself. I then went back to scrolling through my Instagram. I looked at old photos and stuff too while I was at it. I found some really embarrassing elementary and middle school pics, ew. I continued to laugh at old pics when I heard but another knock on my door. 

"Come in!" I yelled. I looked at the door and Oli walked in. I bolted up and ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He giggled and hugged me back. I kissed his forehead and smiled. We both blushed and held each other's hands.