Chapter 1 || Neighbors

I wake up to the annoying noise of my alarm clock. I noticed my friend Ashly had fallen asleep on the floor.

"Ashly wake up , we have school."

She wakes up rubbing her eye "What time is it?"

"6:30" I say as I head to my closet.

I grab some high wasted shorts with a black long sleeve crop top and i go to the bathroom and change. When im done changing, I brush my long messy blond hair. I then apply some mascara to my eyelashes. When I get out of the bathroom I notice Ashly looking through the window.

"Hey, who are they?" She points to two guys across the street. "Oh , those are just my new neighbors."

"The one with the snapback is very attractive" says Ashley as she goes through my closet to find something to wear.

"I think his name is Cameron" I say as I pull up my black knee socks and slip on my vans.

"And how would you know that?" Ashly smirks.

I laugh "Well the one with the blond highlights always yells out Cameron when they're doing something stupid in the front yard, so im guessing his name is Cameron"

"Highlights isn't so bad looking" Ashly says with a smile as she picks out an outfit and changes.

"Highlights? Is that what we're calling the other guy now?" I say laughing.

"Well we don't know his name, but he's cute and so is Cameron" I smile as Ashly walking down stairs.

I shrug "Eh, there alright." I say with a shrug , "We better leave for school, we can pass by The Habit on the way."

We pick up our backpacks from the couch, right were we left them yesterday. I grab my books and I push Ashly out the door she stops "Wait do you think they go to our school?"

I laugh "I guess we'll just have to find out later." I close the door behind us and we get in my car and were finally off to school.

We get to school with minutes to spare.

"I'll see you at lunch?" I say get out of my car.

"Sure thing" Ashly replies with a smile. As I turn left Ashly turns right. I walk into the hallway and as I turn a girl bumps into me and I drop the books I had in my hands.

Before I could say anything the girl was gone. As I kneel down to get my books, my books were already of the floor. When I looked up, I noticed it was Highlights.

"Thanks" I say as I grab my books from his hands.

"No problem, that's a good book" He says as he points to the book , The Maze Runner. I reply with a smile , "It is."

"Im Nash by the way." I smile "Im Alex, your here right?" I say as I start walking to my locker.

He follows me "Yeah ,Aren't we neighbors? I saw you get into your car this morning."

I laugh "Yes , yes we are." I reply as i trade in my reading books for my math book from my locker. I close my locker and I find myself looking into Nash's light blue eyes. The tardy bell rings and I snap back to reality.

"Fuck im late. Again" I whisper to myself. Nash laughs "Im sorry I didn't mean to make you late, but I don't know really know were my first class is."

I smile "It's okay, here let me see." I take his schedule. "Hey we have 1st and 4th period together , follow me." I say with a smile.

Nash laughs "Okay ma'am." As we walk into first period, the teacher asks why we were late. I stuttered to reply but as words started coming out of my mouth Nash cuts me off.

"Sorry we were late she was showing me around campus, Im new here." The teacher looks at me and then at Nash "Well okay then take a seat." I smile at Nash as we walk towards our seat and he smiles back.

I think to myself as i take a seat , maybe Highlights isn't so bad and smile at my desk.