Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I slowly walk down the stairs and find josh standing in the kitchen making a drink.

“Hey” I say.

 He turns around to face me “Hi” he replies, with a big grin.

“Do you know what time it is?” I ask.

He checks his watch, “It’s quarter to eleven”

“Is there any point in going back to the after party?”I ask

“No, not really, shall I text Jenn to come here after the party is over?” He questions

“Yeah, good idea” I reply

He takes his phone out of his pocket and texts Jenn, after he’s sent it, he looks up at me and smiles.

“What shall we do now?” I ask

“Do you want to watch a movie?”

“Sure, as long as it’s not The Hunger Games” I wink

I follow him through a long corridor and into the living room, he sits on the couch and signals for me to sit next to him, I sit down and he says “So, what do you want to watch?”

“Do you have Mean Girls? That’s my favourite movie!”

“Yes I do actually, my mum loves it” He puts the disc in the DVD player and the movie starts.

All of a sudden he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him, his lips crash against mine. I pull away “I take it we won’t be watching the movie at all then?” I joke.

“Nope, not at all” He laughs.

 He pushes me back so I’m lying on the sofa and he climbs on top of me, kissing me softly. He stops and whispers in my ear “I want you” I unbutton his shirt so he knows that I want him as well. He takes the hint helps me take my oversized shirt off, he reaches behind my back to unclasp my bra and then continues to kiss me, he leaves a trail of soft, slow kisses going down my neck, not being able to take his hands off me.

“Helloooooo” I hear a voice call not too far away “I got your text, the party finished quite early”

It’s Jenn.

She must have an extra key or something because she’s standing in the doorway now, her mouth open wide, not knowing what to do.

Josh gets up and starts to speak, she interrupts him “What the hell do you think you’re doing?”

I stand up next to Josh, then look down, realising I’m only wearing knickers, I quickly grab Josh’s shirt from the floor and cover my ‘assets’.

“Jenn, let me explain...” I say

Before I can say anything else, Jenn storms out of the house, running across the road as fast as she can, without looking. I put the shirt on and chase after her. Next thing I know, she’s on the floor and the car that hit her is speeding off down the road.