CHAPTER I

Chloe looked at the clock. It was a little past three and her girlfriend still wasn't home. Cassie was out with her friends, at a downtown bar called 'Callooh Callay'. She was supposed to be home at around two, and Chloe's worry began to spark at two thirty when she still hadn't returned to their home. Her girlfriend never missed a deal with Chloe, and she just sat there and thought about what was happening, and if she went wrong somewhere between them. At some point she fell asleep on the big couch, wrapped in blankets, phone in her hand, waiting for a call or a text from her better half.

Chloe suddenly woke up, startled by her phone in her hand. her alarm was ringing. it was six thirty. She turned over and looked out of the big window placed in the middle of one of the brickwalls, taking in the sunlight that shined on her face, wondering if cassie was home yet. She got up from the white couch, wrapped the blanket around her, and put on her grey slippers. She walked to the kitchen island, and started the coffee machine. Chloe walked upstairs looking for her girlfriend. Cassie was nowhere to be found, and Chloe checked her phone.

4:56
Cassie
i don't know where i am

She looked at the text for a while, wondering what she was talking about. Chloe called cassie's dad, panicking a little. Greg picked up.
"Hello?" he said.
"Hey. Uhm, have you heard from Cassie?", she asked.
"No, i haven't. I thought she was with you. Don't you have the kids this weekend?", Greg asked. The kids shifted between staying here and with Cassie's mom,
"She was, and yeah, the kids are here. She left last night to go to Callooh Callay with Kris and Jace, and i got a message from her saying that she doesn't know where she is, but i haven't heard from her since."
Just then, the kids came running, screaming for breakfast. "Okay, i have to go Greg, the kids are awake, i'll talk to you later, bye" she said and hung up, aiming her attention towards the two kids standing in front of her.
"Where's mom?" Everett asked curiously. she looked at him, hesitating before answering. "she's still out with Jace and Kris, she'll be home soon Honey." Chloe started making breakfast for them, all while thinking about her girlfriend, and where she actually had disappeared off to.

It was 3:17 and Chloe walked into the police station, she took in the surroundings. She noticed how the brown tiles she stepped on, matched the brown and white split walls in mosaic. Stepping up to the wooden front desk, she looked at the secretary. "My girlfriend is missing", she said. "Missing?", the lady behind the glass asked. she pushed up her glasses, placing them correctly, opening some tabs on her computer. "Yes, she's missing. I can't get ahold of her", Chloe said. After much talking, the secretary told her to stay there and went to get some papers that chloe had to fill in.

Name: Cassie Bishop.
Age: 31.
Height: 5'8".
Eye color: Blue.
Haircolor: Blonde.

Chloe kept on filling in the blanket, and just as she was done, a police officer came around the corner. A short chubby lady with brown eyes and brown shoulder length bobbed hair came into her view. The lady looked her up and down. "Aren't you Cassie Bishops girlfriend?" the woman asked, after taking in her appearance for a minute. Chloe hadn't done much about her looks today. she was wearing a pair of black jeans and, a dark green sweatshirt,with her college name on it. Her short hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail. Chloe looked at her, a little staggered. She supposed she shouldn't be, her girlfriend was a well known politician after all. "yeah, i am, why do you ask?" Chloe answered. "I just thought you looked familiar. I voted for her last year", the unknown woman said. "Well, thanks", she answered, maybe a little rude, but after all she didn't know her. Chloe turned around and walked out of the police station, without looking back.

After that Chloe went home, still without her girlfriend. And unknown about her location too. She hadn't heard anything from the police station all night, and her worry became bigger and bigger. She just wanted Cassie to come home, to her  and the kids. Everett easily picked up on the fact that something was wrong, when Cassie wasn't home for dinner, even though he was only 5. He was a mama's boy, fuzzy brown hair, big brown eyes, freckles across his nose bridge, and the cutest dimples that showed when he smiled. His dad was Cassie's ex husband Barney, a real douchebag who used to beat Cassie. She finally went to the police, and luckily she got custody after the break between them. They also had Ellen whom they adopted in 2016. sweet girl, blonde hair, and blue eyes, almost 3 years old.
Later that night, Chloe got a call from the hospital. Another dismembered body had shown up at shore. Perfect timing, just as Cassie had gone missing.