You're the Best

Adopting Chaeyoung was the best decision they've ever made. It was the happiest moment of their lives when the social worker at the orphanage passed the little baby over to them. Hearing her little giggle while Jeongyeon tickles her or when Nayeon showers her with kisses melts their heart and they would do anything in their power to protect this laugh.

It was one of those nights when the two were sleeping in their room with Jeongyeon's hand hugging Nayeon protectively and Nayeon snuggling closer into her wife's warm embrace. It was like that through the night when Nayeon felt their door being pushed open. She didn't have to look up to know it was their daughter who must have had trouble sleeping and decided to join them in their room.

The 5 year old girl climbed up onto her mommies bed and squirm her way into Nayeon's embrace. She looked up to see if she had woken up her mum and as expected she found a pair of eyes looking back at her lovingly even tho she has been disturbed from her sleep.

"Whats wrong baby? Are you having trouble sleeping again?" Nayeon asked as she hugs her daughter closer to her. She felt a little nod from the child and therefore lean in to kiss her on the forehead hoping to chase the little one's nightmare away. 

"Okay. You can sleep with us tonight."

She saw her daughter smile her favorite dimple smile and instantly melted. How could one be so cute? She felt her daughter wrap her tiny arms around her and soon drifted off to dreamland. She left a peck on the crown of her daughter's head before drifting back to sleep once again.

-

Nayeon woke up when she heard someone whispering beside her. She opened her eyes and instantly used the back of her hand to shield her eyes from the blinding sunlight. It was then, she felt a pair of small hands on her cheek, squishing her. She laughed and tackled her daughter onto the bed and tickled her causing her daughter to kick the air and trying to run away from her mother's tickles. Nayeon only stopped when she felt someone hugging her from behind and a kiss on her neck.

"Morning babe."

The sound of her wife's morning voice never fails to turn her on. She turned around to meet with a kiss. She smiled and pulled away while leaning into her wife's body. Their daughter still rolling around on the bed laughing by herself and they could only look at her with eyes full of fondness. 

"Baby~ Come here." Nayeon called and their daughter crawled over to her mommies and crashed into Nayeon's embrace. It was a peaceful morning for the family of 3 as they just sat on the queen sized bed while talking and laughing and they wouldn't want to spend it any other way.

"Say.. What happened last night baby? Did you have nightmares again ?" Jeongyeon asked softly and her daughter just slightly shook her head while continue stuffing her face with the scrambled egg her mum made.

"It wasn't nightmare..." she said as she finished her breakfast and look up at her mommies.

"Chaengie was nervous about the school concert... Chaengie got scolded yesterday because she couldn't keep up..." she said with a soft voice and casting her teary eyes on her little fingers.

Nayeon's heart broke at the sight of their daughter being discouraged. She knew how excited the child was for her upcoming concert at their preschool and she wanted her to have the time of her life there. She looked over at Jeongyeon and knew that her wife was having exactly the same thought as her. They couldn't bare to see their precious little one being dejected. It breaks their heart.

"It's okay baby~ We know that you will do great for it." Jeongyeon said with a soft smile on her face while walking over to her daughter who had both her arms opened asking to be carried by her mummy.

"Yea~ Our Chaengie is gonna do well. Dont worry about it alright ?" Nayeon reassured and left a soft kiss on their daughter's cheeks while Jeongyeon holds her close with her other arm.

It was that easy to make Chaeyoung smile because the kid started giggling again in just a matter of seconds while still hugging her mummy tight.

"You wanna show us what you've practiced in school?"

"Yes!!" the child screamed excitedly and freed herself from her mummy's hug and started pulling them to the living room. The two adults followed their daughter quietly with a smile on their faces.

Chaeyoung ran to the living room and switched on the music from the IPad and started dancing like what shes learned in school. She was enjoying the moment so much and it was enough for Nayeon and Jeongyeon to join their daughter on the little dance floor. They danced and played for hours till Nayeon couldn't take it anymore and sat on the couch watching as her wife and their daughter still enjoying themselves. It wasn't much, but Nayeon felt that it was enough. Her baby's smile is too precious and she would do anything to protect that pure and precious smile forever. She was cut out of her daze when she felt Jeongyeon leaving a kiss on her cheeks and her daughter climbing onto the couch to join them. She helped lift the child up onto her lap and lean in to Jeongyeon's arms.

Chaeyoung dozed off in Nayeon's lap when she was talking with Jeongyeon. Her little hands finding its way around her mother's waist and hugging her tight. (and trust me, Nayeon's heart swelled up at how cute their daughter is.)

They carried her back to her room and tucked her in bed. Giving one last look and a kiss on the little one's forehead before they walked out to the living room again. Little did they know, after they left the room, a small smile made its way onto Chaeyoung's lips before she fully went into dreamland.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!! Sorry i took so long to update this piece. I suck at writing this and its my first time writing a family based fic so i hope that you'll like it.😂

And.... You know the drill !😏 Comment down 👇🏼 and let me know how you feel about this and how i can improve more.

Thats all for now !!! ❤️