In the Club

Gulp.

Each step she took felt heavy.

The knot in her stomach made her want to hurl from the intoxicated smell of the place. The crowded club along with the booming music wasn't helping to ease her nerves either.

She asked herself why she was there in the first place, despite the fact she just graduated today.

The answer was simple to Lisa.

To celebrate it with him.

Clicking her tongue, she scanned the crowd thoroughly only to be disappointed. This was not the celebration Lisa wanted.

Tapping the front screen on her phone. It was exactly midnight.

Despite her instinct screaming at her to leave the place, she let out a breath and summoned up the courage to walk further into the building.

Without any luck, she dragged herself to the bar and sat five stools down from the edge of the table, ordering a shot of vodka. She didn't know why but tried to reassure herself it was to ease her nerves.

Lisa didn't want to be here. All she wanted was to have dinner with him. To talk. To cuddle. To watch a movie, preferably a Disney movie.

Where the fuck are you?

She didn't know how long it's been as she stared at the empty glass of vodka, completely drowning out the rest of the music, she sighed.

How did she get herself in this position?

This wasn't her crowd, it was his.

She mentally screamed at herself, thinking how stupid she was for even trusting that bitch.

Was she trying to trick her?

Remembering the exchanging text messages, her eyebrows furrowed in frustration, displeased at the thought that her own boyfriend would even do that to her.

She loves him.

So, why was she here based on a text if she loves him?

Smacking the bar table with her palm, she tried to wave that negativity away.

A chuckle caught her attention, on pure instinct her head turned towards the sound.

She froze, starstruck.

He's so handsome.

She studied him.

"Yes?", she finally spoke.

Shocked that she caught him, he raised both his hands up showing he meant no harm.

Lisa lingered on him for a brief moment before nodding in understanding as she went back to staring at the glass in front of her.

She sighed.

"A penny for your thoughts?", The stranger asked.

Startling Lisa from her thoughts, she glanced back at the handsome guy who was two stools away from her, she smiled, "A penny earns you one letter of the alphabet, dear stranger".

Earning a laugh from him, he grinned, "So how much would I owe you?", lifting his eyebrows while placing his cheeks on his hand. Her retort amused him.