A Change In Direction (Harry Styles x Zayn Malik One Shot)

“I love you.” He whispered huskily, brushing his lips over mine as if waiting for my reaction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Six months earlier, Zayn’s P.O.V*

“Zayn babe get over here!” Perrie screeched, taking my hand and dragging me over to the love seat in my cabin. I hated the way she dug her nails into my hand and yelled my name. I hated the way she sat on my lap, her bones somehow managing to dig into every sensitive spot on my body. But most of all I hated the way she kissed me every couple seconds.

“Gross, get a room you too.” Harry chuckled, flipping his hair in that heart-throbbing way girls seemed to love.

I guess I get it. He’s handsome, tall, muscular, and having the proper hair turns on any girl. Brilliant for him.

“Who’s hungry guys? I know I am. Louis and I’ll go grab some food. Harry, Liam, keep an eye on those two. Unprotected sex is the worst kind.” Niall stated, narrowing his eyes at Perrie and I.

“Don’t worry,-” I muttered, “-sex of any kind wont be happening.”

“What was that?” She asked, turning and kissing my nose. I unconsciously scrunched it, faking I had to sneeze.

“You okay?”

“Actually I think I should go clear my head really fast, allergies.” I said sheepishly to them both, removing Perrie from my lap and wondering out the back door.

We’d been at my cabin for a week now, and I couldn’t stop feeling…wrong. Normally I’d shag a girl, Liam would bring Danielle over for some drinks (now that he’s got both kidneys he likes to have the occasional pint), Louis would shag Eleanor and play it off as a really long sleep, Niall would get drunk off his ass, and Harry would find a nice slag to pull a quickie with.

But this time was different. Harry didn’t find a girl. Niall still got drunk, Eleanor still got shagged, Danielle still beat Liam at mean games of Scrabble, but I didn’t sleep with Perrie.

She started to irritate me a couple weeks ago. About the time she started spending more time with the boys, specifically Harry and Liam. I didn’t like that. At all.

I blew out a long breath of air, running a hand through my flat hair. “You alright mate?” Harry’s familiar voice questioned, sitting on the bench located just left of the hot tub and right of the garden.

I’d spent many nights sitting there thinking. Once about if I seriously wanted to continue being in the worlds most famous boy band, once to evaluate my relationship with a girl called Emily who I secretly dated, and once to think about the decisions that had made me who I am. Now Harry sat there, asking me a question I often ask my myself now-a-days.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I mustered up a fake smile, plopping down next to him.

“So Perrie’s in there on the phone with one of her girl-friends. She’s got to leave soon because of Little Mix’s press conference tomorrow. Oh and she casually asked me if I was free this weekend.” He laughed, but it was crude and in disbelief. “How can she do that knowing you love her?” Harry mistakenly asked.

“I don’t love her. To be honest I expected this, she’s been hanging all over you.” I replied, resting my elbows on my knees and propping my head up on my palms.

“Then why are you with her? And was that jealousy I sensed?” He smirked, repeating my action but facing me. For some reason my face burned, and if I hadn’t been newly tanned then my face would be scarlet with color.