He's Mine (Harry Styles x Zayn Malik One Shot)

“If you don’t stop staring at him like that you’re going to burn a hole into his face.” Liam whispered into my ear as I watched Zayn answer a couple questions for one of our interviews.

I blushed furiously, smacking Liam’s arm in agitation and embarrassment.

“Lirry over there, can’t take their hands off each other.” I heard Zayn’s voice chuckle, but something about it was off.

“Harry is very attractive.” Lou pitched in, slugging his arm over his boyfriends shoulder protectively. I rolled my eyes. “But Liam’s more attractive.” Louis placed a chaste kiss on Liam’s cheek, grinning back at the cheering audience.

Why couldn’t Zayn and I just be like Louis and Liam? Why couldn’t we fall madly in love and want to hold each other every couple seconds?

Because Liam and Louis love each other. Zayn didn’t even know I was bisexual, let alone in love with him.

He was straight. As straight as his perfectly quaffed hair. As straight as his brilliant white teeth. As straight as the woman next to him thoroughly checking him out.

I felt jealously stir within me, and I casually scooted over so I was right up next to Zayn. He turned to smirk at me, throwing his arm over the back of the couch cushion.

My face heated up again.

“So Harry, still single?” The woman asked, batting his heavily mascara-laced eyelashes. I nodded.

“But I currently have feelings for someone.” I blurted without warning, causing me to clamp a hand over my mouth.

Suddenly everyone in the room was very intent on hearing what I had to say.

“Oh? Who is the lucky lady?”

“Well um. She’s not actually a girl…” I trailed off. It was now or never. “I’m bisexual actually.”

I waited for Zayn to retract his arm, for Liam to huddle closer to Louis, for the interviewer to disgrace me from stepping into her studio. I waited for the audience to boo.

“Well, well. Three out of five! What are the chances?” The woman giggled and the audience cheered. Why were they cheering?

“Zarry” erupted from the crowd, and my face flushed crimson thinking about Zayn’s reaction. I didn’t even bother to look up at him for fear of rejection.

To my utter and complete surprise I felt Zayns cool arm slip around my shoulder, falling from the seat cushion. He squeezed me closer, winking at the interviewer.

“Do I spy a future couple?” She questioned, her eyes greedy for gossip.

I quickly replied, “No, just a bromance.”

Zayn’s arm drooped as he pulled it from around my shoulders. I felt disappointed. Why the sudden change of mood?

“Well I think I speak for everyone when we say we completely support your actions and sexuality. Thanks for the chat fellows!” We said our good byes, waving the the fans and clambering into our awaiting rides.

“Liam and Louis, this limo. Harry, Zayn, Niall, this limo.” Paul instructed, but Liam clung to Niall. “Can Niall ride with us? He needs my advice for some girl issues.”

Our security guards eyebrow arched itself. “Girl advice from the one who’s dating Louis?”

“It’s very much like dating a girl actually.” Liam told him, hand tightening around Lou’s waist.

“Well…okay. Harry and Zayn, your ride awaits.” Paul escorted us into the limo.

My emotions were in full range, taking in the little space and tinted glass window separating Zayn and I from Paul and the driver.