Chapter 2

Let us go back seven nights prior to the fore mentioned events.

Elsewhere, far on the other side of the country, a young woman stood in silence swallowed up by the dimness of a back alley of enormous street club, lit only by a small lantern on against a brown brick wall, it's warm light washing against the darkness of the night. The sounds of many horse drawn chariots could be heard clicking and clacking along the cobblestone streets.

She was dressed in shabby rags and an iron collar around her neck. She was around 18 years old in age, around 5'5 and rather thin with light creme skin with long black hair down to her lower back and was disheveled and dirty. Her face was rather plain yet lovely and innocent, with large black eyes that shone gently like the moon. She was also slightly underweight and gaunt in form.

At the moment, she appeared to be resting, sitting atop a small wooden stool with her head resting over her thin and battered arms.

Another woman opened up the door to the back alley, she was dressed in colorful red, green and white clothing with a yellow lace. She looked to be around 30 years old with long black hair tired in a bun and white skin, stern steel blue eyes, and full lips.

"Are you still resting back here Janine?!" she snapped "Get up and get back to washing the dishes!"

"..." with silence, she slowly rose up and sauntered back into the bar only to be slapped hard on the face with a hand covered in gold rings

"Hurry up you stupid mare!" she shouted as another slap came against her cheek "Or do you want to end up like the others who would defy my words!"

"No. I am terribly sorry. Mistress Bellatrix" she replied quietly

She was struck again with even greater force. Outside the bar's name read "Heartbreak's Club" in blue, purple and red neon lights generated by magic.

The inside of the large and spacious club of warm golden lights in appearance, with creaky wooden floors and circular wooden tables, over a dozen. There was a stage in front where a woman sang a sorrowful song with a baby grand piano, stringed instruments, flutes and horns followed in suit by her powerful soulful vocals. Behind the bar was a long iron skillet for cooking, as well as a small collection of wines and various other alcoholic beverages. To the left was a small corridor that led to the back kitchen. Several other servants, both men and women around the ages of 12-30, were already washing out glasses and scrubbing the floors.

In the back on the alley, they would transfer a few men and women that worked as slaves at the club and place them onto a carriage driven by two large horned, bovine-like creatures that glowed an ethereal pinkish-orange color with red eyes. Several figures draped in dark robes with hoods covering their heads would arrive daily to clean up to personally dispose of her private waste storage. Those with proper senses could feel as if the beings carried an otherworldly presences to them, beyond just being human. The leader of the group was a woman alabaster complexion with bright blond hair and icy blue eyes with a special intensity. She was exceedingly beautiful yet her eyes covered over intense cruelty covered a soft sheet of serenity. She was tall, around 6 feet, and stood even taller in heels. Her fingernails were somewhat long and her left hand covered in red and blue symbols, her neck, fingers and wrists decked with silver and platinum rings and beautiful gemstones.

Janine began having flashbacks that struck the very core of her soul, like a frigid ice pick. It was as if merely staring into her eyes for too long would break down her spirit and mind. Eternity became as nothing to her. Even though she had only seen this strange woman twice, once over a year ago when she was first sent to the club as a slave and second a few weeks ago, her spirit struck hard into her. Usually other figures with cloaks would come much more frequently however.