Pt. 1 Ch. 1

Shae Larson. May 25th 2018

"Hellooo earth to Shae!"

I opened my eyes and looked around my room, looking at everything as though it was my first time. My eyes landed on Summer and I groaned.

"Seriously, I like to sleep my life away so leave me alone," I huffed and lifted my blankets to cover my face back up. However, when Summer wants something she eventually gets it, meaning she snatched my blankets and threw them to the corner of my room.

"Wow thanks," I rolled my eyes and she smiled. "Jonathan is having the biggest party of the year and you're still in bed!"

I fought the urge to roll my eyes and deadpanned her instead, "It's only 1pm, we have plenty of time to get ready." It was her turn to roll her eyes and smack me, "Well every time I'd make plans for us to go out you'd change your mind last minute and mope around your room," she snarked and crossed her arms.

I sighed, sitting up and completely facing her. "Could you blame me? I'm really trying to get over him but he's everywhere, the radio, on my tv, and he's still in my notifications!" I let out, letting my emotions get the best of me. She frowned and placed her hand on mine and gave me a reassuring smile, "I'd like to tell you I understand Shae, but I don't. I wouldn't know what it's like to get over someone who's literally everywhere nor would I want to, I'm sorry but Shawn has moved on, why can't you?"

The breathing in my throat hitched the moment she said his name and it felt like my heart was breaking all over again. I've avoided talking about him for months, especially with her.

I cleared my throat and avoided eye contact, "You know what, I'm hungry and it smells like my mom made lunch," I got up from my bed and walked towards my door. I heard her groan and I turned to look at her. "You haven't told me what happened between you two and it's been months Shae, sometimes I just feel you don't trust me yenno," was all she said before walking out my door.

I sighed and followed her downstairs.

"You guys talk loud." My little brother Ryder said to me before sitting down in his spot at the table. I looked over at my mom who was standing by the counter and she smiled, shaking her head. "Ryder, what did I say about eavesdropping?" She asked him.

He secretly rolled his eyes and looked up at me, "Sorry Shae I won't do it again." She went back to the kitchen and Ryder looked back at us again, "Not my fault you guys have voices that could be heard all the way from Pennsylvania." He sassed but ate his french toast.

I let him have it and me and Summer sat down. My sister Paige came running down the stairs and reached over the table to grab a piece of bacon and I swatted her arm.

"Paige, if you sit down like a normal girl you can eat," I told her. She smiled and rolled her eyes, "I have a track meet in 20 so I'm in a rush, but thanks Shae," she said to me before walking out of the dining room.

Paige was my younger sister, we were only a year apart but I swear sometimes the way she'd talk with her attitude would make it seem like she was 13.

"So who's Jonathan and can I come to his birthday party too?" I heard Ryder. I looked over at Summer and was holding in her laugh, I did the same but turned to back to Ryder anyway. "Jonathan's a friend from school and no, it's an older kid party." I told him.

He rolled his eyes. "So you guys are going to drink beer and smoke weed then." If I was drinking juice I would have spit it all out. "No!"

He laughed and went on his phone. I looked over at Summer and she had a weird expression on her face, but who could blame her, hearing Ryder talk about drugs and him being only 11 was the funniest thing ever.