Weiss Schnee

Weiss Schnee has to be my favorite character in RWBY. Why? Well, her weapon is cool (but not as cool as Ruby's and Yang's) and she is a confusing character. BUT BEFORE YOU READ make sure to watch all of the RWBY episodes because this will have spoilers.

I will first talk about Weiss's trailer song, Mirror Mirror. This song tells a lot about Weiss and had popped a lot of questions in my head as soon as the trailer came out.

Mirror, tell me something. Tell me who's the loneliest of all. This line tells me that Weiss feels lonely (obviously) and is asking herself, or 'the one in the mirror', who is the loneliest of all. It's almost as if she wants someone to feel the same way she feels. The question is why? Why does she feel so lonely? Is it because she's secluded? Has no friends? Or is it because her parents aren't noticing her at all and are ignoring her.

Mirror, locked inside me. Tell me who's the loneliest of all. Mirror, what's inside me? Tell me can a heart be turned to stone. She, again, asks the mirror who's the loneliest, but this time she asks it a question. The next two lines asks what's inside her and if a heart can turn to stone telling me that she thinks her heart has turned to stone. Why does she think her heart is made of stone? Who's making her think like this? How did her heart turn to stone and how long? Weiss couldn't have turned cold just by a day though. She must've been hurt by many of her family members or her friends for a very long time to ask a question like this.

During the interlude, I don't know if this is just me, but can you hear someone calling someone else or something similar to that? Who is this and are they calling to Weiss?

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you? Save me from the things I see. Now this part of the songs starts to become upbeat and less calm, like al of her emotions are spilling out right before your eyes (or ears?). Weiss asks what's behind the mirror and then says save me from the things I see. It's almost as if she's panicking at what she saw behind that mirror, but why is she panicking? What did she see that makes her say save me? This also makes me wonder what the mirror is. Is the mirror full of lies protecting her from the world? Is it suppose to resemble memories that when you see something it stays in the mirror?

I can keep it from the world. Why won't you let me hide from me? This makes me question what the mirror is and what Weiss is hiding. She says she can hide something from everyone else, but she just can't hide it from herself. It's probably something that has scared her when she was young or some type of memory she wants to forget. It also might be her sadness because she doesn't want anybody thinking she's weak. What is she hiding and why is she trying to hide it? Why isn't she accepting herself? Did someone point it out and she started getting bullied by it?

Mirror, mirror. Tell me something. Who's the loneliest of all? I'm the loneliest of all. Weiss asks that question the third time and finally answers it. At the end of the song the music sounds nice and heart warming, but the lyrics are sad. The song makes it sound like Weiss is relieved that her question is finally answered, but is sad that she is the loneliest of them all. Why is she the loneliest? Is it because her family died or left her? Or is it because it feels as if her family doesn't care about her. Or maybe it feels like she is fighting something inside her all alone.

Red like Roses also tells more about Weiss.

White is cold but always yearning. Burdened by the royal test. Weiss obviously wants something that she doesn't have. What does she yearn for? Power? Love? Acceptance? And what is she burdened with? The second line tells more about the character. Weiss is an heiress to the Schnee dust company making her a little princess. But what's the test? Is she expected to ace this test? Why does Weiss need to do this test? What does the test require her to do? What will happen when she fails?