Chapter 7 - Another Discussion

Story Key

(Y/N) - Your Name

(Y/N) shivers at that statement, unnoticed by Ford, and she follows. The entrance closes and Ford and (Y/N) enter a large laboratory. "Now (Y/N), I've brought you down here in hopes of.. More precise answers.. If you haven't noticed by now, I am infatuated with the paranormal." (Y/N) only nods, before Ford motions for her to sit on the floor. They sit facing each other, and Ford retrieves his clipboard once again.

"So far, I understand that you are only human in appearance? You are also an elemental, most dominant is the aspect of fire. You have told us that you had a family, but don't remember much about them, and you also don't know how you got here..." Ford lists, tapping his pen against his chin in thought. "You seem to have forgotten a large amount of your memory."

(Y/N) laughs quietly before joking, "It's probably cause i'm like really really old." Ford looks at her questioningly. "Really old?" (Y/N) nods, "Oh yeah, i'm probably, uh.. Oh.. I never did finish that equation in order to find my age.." The two sit in silence until(Y/N) speaks up again. "Since I go by at least three different scales of time, I can't give you an exact number... But, I am as old as human time's existence, if that helps.."

He gives a small nod before writing it down. "Wait a minute, you're not making this up, are you?" (Y/N) shakes her head. "No sir. If I were joking, i'm sure someone with your intellect could sniff it out." Ford blushes a little and mumbles something. (Y/N) turns her head to a machine that's going off its charts, and laughs nervously. "Am I that hot...?" She mumbles, a small smile on her face.

Ford looks over at (Y/N) and then towards where she's staring. "Ah, yes.. That is a power meter, if you will." (Y/N) nods, and says, "Its determining the power level of every entity in the vicinity, or um, town in this case. How much mercury was needed to make the meters work properly?"

Ford, who was taken back by (Y/N)'s sudden outburst of nerdiness, smiles and speaks. "Well, take the mercury of about.. 50 thermometers, and then measure it out into 3 equal parts..."