Chapter 3

I stood there looking at my mom with my face just looking like a deer in headlights. I honestly didn't know what to think I thought that my mom was playing a joke on me but, no sadly she wasn't. I finally have a voice to ask my mom " What happen to dad? Don't you think that we should be heading to the hospital like right now?"

My mom looked at me and said " Kat he got into a really bad motorcycle accident and yes we are going to leave now I just wanted to tell you when you got home instead of you having to hear it over the phone."

My mom and my older brothers and I all hopped into the mini van and we drove as fast as we could to the hospital. That night was freezing cold for begin in the spring, and it was also raining and I just had shorts and a tank top on. We finally get to the hospital after like 10 mins. My mom got the front desk and said to the lady that was working and asked " excuse me but what room is my husband in his name is Joe Schmidt?"

The lady said " ma'am he is still in the surgery room we don't know how long it will be in till he is out but you can totally wait in the waiting room that is right over there." My mom soon after that told the lady thank you very much.

We sat there for about 2 to 3 hours long and then the doctor comes out of the doors and comes to us and says " Are you here for a Joe Schmidt?"

"Yes, what is wrong doc?" said mom.

" Well, ma'am your husband has lost his memory and it is to the point that it might take a year to get back." My mom ,brother ,and I all sat there looking at the doctor like you have to be kidding me right now. Our family couldn't say anything I then finally have words coming through my mouth to the to doctor " thank you very much doc."

He gave all of our family hugs and said "you are welcome if you need anymore help with anything or even your dad call me." He then walked back into the doors and the nurse that came with my dad on the rolling bed told us all the basic stuff that you would need to know.

The whole time that the nurse was talking to our family I was just thinking we have to make new memories with my dad and he doesn't even know i am his child and has another one let alone that he is married. All of our fun father daughter moments that we had together are gone to him but still here with me. I go and sit down in the chair next to his bed and he still is asleep from the meds that they gave him in the surgery room. My brother Austin decided to go take a walk around the hospital and he asked me if i would want to go with him and i said sure why not i could use sometime to think and not about this. As we walk out of the room to give mom space we heard her start to cry she never liked crying in front of us i honestly don't know why but she just didn't.

"So Kat I saw your after school today with the new kid Tyler" said my brother.

I then replied " Yea I was with him after school he is a really nice kid and how did you know that I was hanging out with Tyler?"

He responded "Well you guys where messing around next to the football field and i decided to stay later after practice and when I was walking out I was you there with Tyler."

My face turned so red that my face looked like a tomato and I then said " O wow well that's not awkward at all. Please don't tell mom because the last guy that I liked and mom found out she kind of scared him away ,so please don't say anything."

My brother gave me a hug and said " I wont kat! I could really tell that you do really like this kid I wont say a word. But if you want me to I could become friends with him and make him get to like you and me and then if you think about it you could see him whenever he came over here to hang out with me."

I gave him a huge hug back and told him that " I would love you forever! If you really could do that I honestly think I would take back everything I said about hate you for the rest of my life!"

We then finally got food and went back to the room my mom was in and she was still sitting there in the same place like she hasn't moved. All of the sudden my phone buzzed and I looked at with this face of confusion like who in the world would be texting me and i looked at it and it was Tyler!

============================================

Hey sorry it took forever to update i got really busy with cheer and soccer and rugby and a lot of other things that took up my time i most likely will be posting now every week! Thanks for reading!