소곤소곤

Whispers

Maybe too gently, Namjoon placed Jimin down on the mattress, lightly caressing his warm forehead, so carefully, as if he were glass.

Namjoon stared at the pure boy before him, tangled up in the sheets.

"Ut if they er murde—" Jimin suddenly slurred, heavy breaths escaping his lips.

"What?" Namjoon squeaked, a little startled.

"they wawr mur—" he paused as he winced in pain, holding his forehead.

"Wait, say that again."

"What if...tey were murderdt." Jimin said a bit more clearly.

Namjoon's eyes widened, as he finally realized what he had said.

"No stop playing around. You should've just came with me when I told you to the first time!" He raised his voice. "You shouldn't have rang the doorbell a second time because—if you weren't so lucky it could've been your house and you could've—"

Namjoon stopped as he glanced at Jimin, who had quickly fallen into a deep sleep, his cheeks, a bright shade of red. He stared at his plump lips that bulged out and his delicate, long eyelashes, as he snuggled into the mattress, stopping the anger from bursting through his body.

He sighed. "Why are you so pretty all the time?"

Jimin was unresponsive, so Namjoon kept talking to himself.

"What if I...what if I...feel something...Jimin...and I don't know why? Because when I see you...every time...I don't know....I just don't know what it is." He continued on, as Jimin slept.

"Sorry, I'm overthinking," he whispered, smiling to himself, his dimples practically taking over his face. "Oh yeah and, by the way, you probably still can't hear me, but, don't think that the game is over just yet, just because you got hurt. It is still going and you can't get out of it unless you say, but...

"Don't think that you can escape from me."