Okay, you should probably have a little background knowledge first.

So, we're really gonna do this, huh?
So, I have the feeling that you're going to get kind of attached to me, as you would with any story character, and for that, you will need brain juice, or as normal people call it, "knowledge."
My name is Nikki Valentine.
I know, "Valentine," romance,
Ew. Just ew.
I am 16 years old and a sophomore at Wedowbricks High School! Go lions!
Not.
I have two equally annoying siblings, a brother, who is 15, and a sister, who is 22 and still lives with us, since she works from home.
I used to go to Elanondoor School of the Arts, but my parents realized how much I suck at stuff, so....here we are.
I am what some would call, ugly.
Even the grossest, head-scratching, nose-picking dweeb had the audacity to call me ugly.
That was a new low.
I guess I am a bit of a target, I stood out a lot against every cute kid at our school. The prettiest ones befriended me to make them look better, then dumped me when they got what they needed.
I mean, who wouldn't choose them over me? Me and my greasy, flat, long brown hair, and my ugly poop brown eyes, my dry skin and thin lips, thick unibrow, shall I go on?
But this year, it all changes.
My sister taught me about appearances.
We went shopping for new clothes, got bags of makeup, and went on diets that lost us each 20 pounds!
New year, new me after all!
Today is the day I become a new person.
Wish me luck!