58: Flor.us

Meet the first social idol group in Sourh Korea: Flor_us! Flor_us debuted on the 18th of December 2018 with the album 'Flor.u(s)chool' (after releasing pre-debut track 'Because Of You' in November). The album includes the double title tracks 'Masquerade', 'Voice' and b-side 'Daydream'. Every song revolves around the theme school violence, but they do all have a different approach. 'Masquerade' is written from the point of view from a perpetrator, wanting to take of their mask and reflect on what they have done. 'Voice' descripes the position fo a bystander. 'Daydream' depicts the victim of shool violence and wants to give them back their hopefullness. 'Daydream' has a sign language version, so even people who can't hear the music can understand their message. (The song currently hasn't been released, as they are planning to record it later)

Flor_us is signed to YEOM Entertainment, a social entreprise. YEOM Entertainment rejects the idea of manufacturing idols and chose these girls to debut based on their values instead of on height, weight, visuals or idol experience. As a social entreprise they want to promote good values. the reason they went with the theme school violence for the first album, is that all of the members have experienced school violence either directly or indirectly.

Members

Jung Jisung: She is the only one of the members who started as a trainee during her childhood. However, she was betrayed by her former company. They told her to sign a standard contract, with some 'nonsense attachments'. She had to pay over 3 million won for 6 months of classes and one day the company just disappeared.

Suhwa (Lee Soohyeon): She is the member that was a direct victim of school violence in the foruth grade. Students took her backpack ans turned it upside down on the street.

Kim Jinhyeon: Leader. She majored in social welfare and in psychology and uses what she has learned to handle arguments within the group.

Jin Hyejung: She has experience working in veterinary hospital and hopes to start a campaign with companies in the future to help endangered species.

Music Video