The First "Yes"

Two days after their meeting, Soonyoung received a message from Mingyu that he'll visit on Friday. Which is today, and Jihoon could not help but panic.

Mingyu was supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago. He should be here by now, if he really liked to come. But he's still not here. What if he thought Jihoon is very creepy for asking him as a personal model? What if he thought it was really a scam? Or worst, what if he thought Jihoon is a human trafficer? Thousands of scenarios have been lurking in Jihoon's mind while he's pacing in the living room for so long, Soonyoung already stopped pacifying him and is now ignoring him in favor of his mobile game.

But Jihoon can't help but worry. This Kim Mingyu is his ticket to success, and if he doesn't show up, Jihoon don't know how he'll deal with it.

When someone pressed the doorbell, Soonyoung and Jihoon immediately shifted their attention to it. Soonyoung muttered a 'finally' under his breath.

"I'm so sorry for being late. The taxi also didn't know this area well," an apologetic and sheepish voice told Soonyoung. Reassurances are uttered and there's only a few seconds until Jihoon finally meet him.

Soonyoung re-enters the room and behind him is the guy whose picture he'd been staring for the whole week. It's actually a bit creepy to see him moving.

The looks and the built are expected as he've seen it in the photo, but he still took his breath away for a single second

The looks and the built are expected as he've seen it in the photo, but he still took his breath away for a single second. The guy is handsome, he got a youthful face. His eyes are round, showing his curiosity and nervousness. When he smiled, his cute canines showed. Jihoon can't believe he used the word cute. His body type is just right. And his height... well, he didn't expect it.

He never expected that the guy is this tall he is almost jealous. When Soonyoung went to his side, he gave him the stink eye as the stood up himself.

"Kim Mingyu, this is my employer, Lee Jihoon. He is the person behind Woozi. Jihoonie, this is the guy you've been looking for," Soonyoung introduced them to each other.

Jihoon offered his hand while looking at the boy from head to toe. It's a long stare, probably because this guy have a long body, and he's looming and very uncomfortable after his small "hello".

"Kid, how tall are you?" Jihoon said intead of a greeting. Both Soonyoung and Mingyu looked at him, confused. God, his neck hurts and it's only been a few minutes.

"183 cm, sir." Mingyu supplied. Jihoon clicked his tongue and muttered a "damn, he's perfect" under his breath. Soonyoung stiffled a laugh and Mingyu looked at him questionably, he probably didn't hear it, thank god.

Jihoon let go of Mingyu's hand after realising that he's been holding it for too long. He cleared his throat and gestured Mingyu to take his seat. The boy took his seat and Jihoon was glad they were of eye level when they seated.

"I'm Lee Jihoon, alias Woozi. I'm a fashion designer. But I believe Soonyoung already told you the fundamentals, correct?" Jihoon asked and Mingyu nodded. "Then, you being here must mean you are at least interested in the job?" Again, he nodded. So far, this have been Jihoon's primary worry. Knowing that the other is interested is enough; convincing him would be easier.

"Then, let me explain the project and your job in detail. Soonyoung, can you prepare some drinks for us? This will be a long discussion," he ordered without sparing a glance at Soonyoung who just saluted and left the room. Jihoon's whole attention is now on Mingyu, who gulped before nodding.

"Let's start with the project. Soonyoung must have told you about the fashion show for a cause, am I right? It's organized and headed by my good friend Yoon Jeonghan. I believe you've done some reasearch before going here?" Jihoon inquired. Mingyu nodded his head. Soonyoung came and put the drinks on the table and left quietly. Mingyu thanked him and took a sip of juice before answering.

"Well, I'm curious. I researched about you, and I always see his name in the articles too," Mingyu answered.

"It's because he's my mentor. He basically made me who I am today. As a student and as his friend, I want him to reach his goal, and one of them is to help the beneficiary of that cause. Several orphanage will given the support they need." He said. Mingyu is listening to him very carefully, and Jihoon really appreciated it.

"Despite that, I think he's also helping me with my own dream. It's more selfish than his own, and that is to be known in this field." Jihoon took a sip before continuing his story. Mingyu watches him carefully.

"Like I said before, he made me who I am today, it's both a blessing and a curse. A blessing, because I learned a lot. Techniques, the culture, the way around the industry. Jeonghan-hyung taught me all of it. And for that I'm thankful but I became known as Jeonghan's protege, not Woozi, the designer. And he knows how much that have taken toll on me and my career. So in this project, I need to showcase my talents and make a name for myself." Jihoon said and smiled bitterly. "Selfish, isn't it?" he said.

Mingyu shook his head.

"I think, wanting to be known for something you've been working hard for is just a normal thing. It's not selfish to look for validation," he answered. Jihoon looked at him and studied him.

Mingyu seemed... sincere. Like he's saying it not because he wanted the job, but because he meant it. Jihoon smiled.

"Well, whether it's my dream or his, it doesn't change the fact that I'm in charge of half of the collection this time, and my performance will greatly affect the flow of the project. That's where you come in, Kim Mingyu."

Mingyu straightened his posture and leaned closer to Jihoon.

"Every piece is made to be worn. I, myself have difficulties on making designs, but it's because my designs seemed dull on papers. I need someone who will fit my works for me to get things done, and I know you're the perfect fit. Did Soonyoung told you how I discovered you?"

"He just said you saw my photo," Mingyu answered. Jihoon nodded.

"That's right. And when I saw you, my mind that was stuck on nothing was filled with all these ideas. I need to see those designs on you, Mingyu. They're made to be worn by you," Jihoon said. It sounded very cheesy, the poor boy is even flushed, but it's the truth. Those designs were made because of Mingyu, so he had to see him in it.

"W-well, it's good to know that and all, but what's in it for me?" Mingyu asked. Someone might have taught it to him, because he looked awkward asking it, but Jihoon don't mind.

"I heard from Soonyoung that you're still a student, right? I could work around your schedule. All I need is for you to come here and do the fitting, so it won't be a lot of work. You can come here during your breaks, then you could study here until I dismissed you. For the pay, I will double the hourly pay of your last part time job. That way, you don't have to find another, so you could focus here and your studies. We'll have one whole day off in a week. So? Do you want in?" Jihoon let that all sink in Mingyu's mind.

He's very confident. The pay is a very little price for what he'll get when everything is successful. The only problem is the schedule, but they could work on that. Mingyu seems to know that the offer is good, and it's a waste to refuse it. But the longer the boy is silent, the more nervous Jihoon feels. The suspense is killing him.

"Say yes?" he said to break the silence.

Mingyu studied him and slowly nodded. "Yes. I want in," he agreed.

Jihoon felt a big burden lifted on his shoulder. He felt so happy, he smiled to Mingyu. He called Soonyoung to prepare the contract, and he stood up to shake Mingyu's hands again.

Mingyu's hand is warm, and his eyes are bright, and Jihoon thinks that Mingyu is definitely the muse he's been looking for.