Dear Irina...

Dear Irina,

          It is currently November 19, 2018, at 8:59:10 at night. It is seven days before Your birthday. This has been written on the back of some discarded piece of paper and will probably be forgotten and will never be seen again, let alone read by You.

         Love is a drug, you know. At that point in time, I loved you unconditionally and there no need for any grounds to it. During that moment when I read that text message, I knew what it was. I was expecting it for the past several days prior. It was just an inevitability to me at that point. It was a painful set of hours every night. I kept on hoping that it wasn't going to be tomorrow. I prayed at church, with a new addition to my petitions. 

         Love is a drug. Falling in love can induce as much dopamine as consuming cocaine. Being with You relieved my stress and kept me sane. Loving You finally gave me a reason. I no longer felt purposeless.

          I'm healing from it, but I don't think I'll fully get over You.

          In the end, all that could be said is, "Once upon a time, he met Her. He thought that She was beautiful. She was nice. It was love at first sight for him. He wanted a relationship with Her. He must have hesitated fifty times before finally asking Her, 'heads or tails?' He still finally asked her out even though the coin said otherwise. It was awkward between them. It always was. But he didn't care. Soon enough, he began loving Her with all his heart and soul. She even said, 'I love you too.' But in due time, he noticed that She never said, 'I love you,' and that was when he figured that it was not going to last. Now every time he saw Her, a pain struck his chest. He would stumble to the wall. Then, years of sadness and loneliness kicked in, a rage burned within him, making him forget about all the despair. He was reduced to a violent state. Her horrified stare only enraged him more. Once the day was over, and he was home, he would break down, but yet again, years of loneliness made him forcefully cease his crying, stand up tall, chin up, and force his emotions out."

                                                                                                                                                                                  Love,

                                                                                                                                                                               [Redacted]