❁ Chapter One ❁

Hello my wattpadians!! As you can see, this is chapter one of Let Me Go. It's my new story obviously. It'll be updated every Tuesday and Saturday. (It may be late sometimes because I'm a bit busy.) Anyways, I put a picture of Emma (Lily Collins) up there on the side. Feel free to listen to Story Of My Life by the awesome band called One Direction. I used that song because Emma has a moment where the song can relate with her.

I dedicated this chapter to @sarahsational because she is just a freakin' amazing friend on wattpad. She has really good stories like What Lies Beneath and Life On The Run. Give her a follow and check her out. ;)

I hope you enjoy peepsicles!! If you like this chappy, give it a vote. Comment if you'd like!

I love you guys!!    xoxo - Katelyn

 Chapter One 

Do you ever have that feeling where you just want to rip someone's head off? I have that feeling towards my mother right now. While she was downstairs drinking, I was sitting on my bed letting tears fall from my puffy pink face. I let out a small sniffle, my eyes darted to my bedroom door as I saw my Aunt Grace tip toe in my room. She sat beside me after she locked the door behind her.

"Hey Emma. How are you?" she asked in a soothing voice. I sighed and ran a hand through my brownish red hair. I shook my head letting a few tears slip down my cheek.

"Grace. I don't want to live this life anymore. I can't stand it." I whined, hugging my knees to my chest. Grace smiled. Why is she smiling? I'm in pain and tears here. Grace shot up, walked out of my bedroom, and came back with a metallic black suitcase. Why does she have a suitcase?

"This is my suitcase for when I ran away from home a long time ago. I want you to use it now." she said happily. I raised an eyebrow, a little bit confused.

"Why do I ne-" I started, but Grace cut me off quickly.

"You're gonna run away, Emma." she finished. My mouth dropped open at her sentence. "You have to. You need a better life than that drunk down there." she stated, notifying my mother. I let the idea process in my head.

It was a good idea, but the only problem was that I didn't have money. I'm not even sure if I want to run away. The only person who actually cares about me is Aunt Grace.

"I don't have money." I informed her. She slipped out two hundred dollar bills from a side pocket in the suitcase.

I guess it's settled. I'm running away.

"I love you, Emma. You're an amazing kid. Just- just try keeping contact with me or your best friend, Katie." Grace said in a calm voice. My eyes widened when she said Katie's name. I thought she knew that she was giving me the silent treatment.

"I love you too, Aunt Grace. Thank you so much." I said, wrapping my arms around her small body. I grabbed the handle to the large suitcase, letting it drag behind me to my white dresser. I opened up the top drawer. I grabbed all my colorful folded T-shirts and set them gently in to the suitcase. 

After I finished packing everything up, I let out a deep sigh. I can't believe I'm running away, I thought to myself. I snagged my black hoody out of my tiny closet. I slipped it on over my gray T-shirt. I slid on some gray Toms afterwards. My small hand wrapped around the handle of the metallic suitcase. I gripped it hard, my knuckles turning in to a faded white. Anxiety washed right through me, butterflies forming in to my stomach. 

I glanced at Aunt Grace, her olive skin glowing in the moonlight from the open window. I have someone there for me; that's all that matters, right? I gave Grace a small smile. She returned a smile back to me. I walked out of my bedroom, my suitcase rolling behind me. I peeked in to the living room and saw my drunk mother passed out on the couch with beer bottles around her. I frowned at her drunken state - I also frowned because of the sour smelling living room.