Always

Why does the world have to be unfair to me. All I ever wanted was to be happy. All I ever asked for was to be loved. And there you went.

You messed around with my head and got me thinking that it was real. You made me feel like I was right, like we were right.

I fell and didn't even want to get back up.  I trusted you even when you gave me no reason to. I held on to you even when it felt like you were not actually mine.

Somehow I knew that we'd be over one day. But I just wanted to enjoy the little moments I got with you.

And see what I got myself into. I drowned into it,  yet I wasn't supposed to. The little moments accumulated and are now a huge burden to me. Cause all they hold is pain for me. They had been so precious then.

But now all they do is remind me of  the lies that you told me. I looked into your eyes and got trapped. I wanted to be in no other place other than where you were.

I felt safe in your embrace. I felt peaceful in your arms. I actually thought you were the one for me.
Why did I ever let myself fall again? This was never meant to happen, because love isn't for me.

Never has it been my thing.

Now I see you go on without me. I ask myself if you miss me. If you feel empty like I do. When you left, you took it all with you. My joy and happiness.  You left me with this hollow. Now who do you think is gonna fill this gap?

You  asked me to create space for you, and I did just that. You filled it. But I never even thought that it was meant to be temporary.

You've become my biggest nightmare. Well I guess your wish came true, you finally unmet me. I hope you're happy. I hope you never get any regrets. I'll always hold you close.