One

"....In the last moment of my life, I want to be free. Like a bird in the sky, I really want to be free..."

A very high pitch tone ended a song magnificently as two young teenager stood proudly on the stage.  with still their ragged breathing. They hold both their arms high like someone who just accepted a total victory as waves after waves of claps echoed through the entire room.

As the lights turned off and the stage was enveloped with darkness, one of the teenager immediately run down from the stage despite the sound of "More! More!  More!" from the audience was so loud and bursting in the ear.

In the long hall, the teenager ran as if he tried to run away from a murderer. His breath became way harsher than before. His clothes was wet from the cold sweat even though there was a familiar heat started to climb up through his entire being.

Although he tried to run as fast as he could,  but his steps were unstable. His view was blurred. He could smell the sweet smell of himself spreading through though it was faint. Just like someone was being possessed by a lusty incubus, the only thing that he could think of was, "Please, embace me. Enter me. Mark me." and everything mixed with, "Why I have to born this way?"

While he was still struggling to reach the rest room, the teen bumped into someone. His body trembled more violently in response of the unexpected touch. Strong smell of dominant alpha entered his nasal capity and his whole body immediately gave a welcome response. But with the thin layer of self control, the teen stepped back. He mumbled a small apologize as he ran away faster toward the rest room.

"Hey, brat! What's with rude attitude?! Don't you know who this man is? This is Mr. Nie Mingjue, the president of Nie Enterprise!!" Another man who stood beside Nie Mingjue shouted loudly to where the teen disappeared.

"Enough,  Assistant Jin. Let it go." Nie Mingjue spoke up.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Nie. I was in shock, I should scold him when he was still in front of us. Should I do something to teach the brat some lessons?" Assistant Jin offered. He knew Nie Mingjue's temprament very well. The man never took any  offensive acts toward him lightly. He always made them pay back of everything they did.

But unlike the usual, Nie Mingjue didn't seem a little bit offended by the teen's rude act. Instead, he looked like he was thinking about something, "Assistant Jin, do you know who is he?"

Assistant Jin immediately searched for his tablet and typed something on it. It didn't take long for him to find what Nie Mingjue asked him for. "Wei Ying, or mostly known as Wei Wuxian among his fans. 18 years old beta. His father was unknown. His mother died in a traffic accident when he was nine years old. He was being adopted by his mother's friend afterward. Five years ago, he with his adoptive brother, Jiang Cheng were being scouted by a talent agency. After one year in training, they debuted as a band duo named JT. Nowadays they become a very well known musician in the country."

Although Assistant Jin just read a full biography of Wei Wuxian, instead Nie Mingjue only interested of one thing. "Beta, huh?" He mumbled lowly as mischievous smile appeared on his lips.

Assistant Jin might not noticed a faint smell like that. But Nie Mingjue was a full dominant alpha. He couldn't missed that intoxicated smell like what he just smelt.

"In upcoming birthday gala for Nie Enterprise, invite them as one of the performance." Nie Mingjue said as he continue to walk.

Assistant Jin only could follow his boss helplessly. Nothing could stop his boss when he wanted something. This time it seemed the teen musician was who his boss put his interest on. There was nothing Assistant Jin could do about it. But usually his boss only interested in omega, why was it he wanted to play with a beta now? However, Assistant Jin didn't have a gut to ask.

-

Gripping on the edge of the table to hold his body stright, Wuxian searched recklessly for a certain tablets inside his bag.

'Please, please, please, let it be here,' He chanted desperately on his mind. Another stuff he wasn't looking for scattered out from the bag. After a few more of agonizing minutes he finally found what he was looking for. With his trembling hands, he took two pills at once, or it was three? Wei Wuxian didn't really care as long as the heat was vanished quickly.

Only after several minutes he calmed down again. Wei Wuxian was being careless,  he knew it. He knew that ever since he reached the age of adulthood, a small negligence would cost him every struggling he did all this time. One pill now simply didn't enough to suppress his pheromone and the heat anymore.

Why should he born as an omega? Wei Wuxian was asking that to himself for numerous times. Was it just to let an alpha had his way on them and then later they could abandon them? And later they could look for another fool omegas?

Wei Wuxian already how hard the path his mother had to endure as an omega. While she was still alive, when his mother thought that he was asleep, Wuxian listened to his mother poignant cries just so he wouldn't have the same path as her.

Ever since that day, Wei Wuxian promised that he wouldn't let himself to be useless omega that they  only saw as nothing more a pathetic human being or a mere birth machine. He wouldn't let that happen.

-

"We manage to close the deal with Kotani Finance,  but still need to adjust few things from the contract. Have you take a look on it? What do you think about point three? I think the amount is a bit..." Lan Xichen's speech stopped midway when he realized that his talking partner didn't pay him attention.

He followed his little brother gaze direction and found that his eyes was set on an advertisement screen across from the street. As their car moved slowly through the heavy traffic jam, Lan Zhan's eyes kept following the big screen. Currently played on the screen was a commercial video of a beauty product starred by a pair of famous musician named JT.

Lan Xichen realized it after several times, that his little brother seemed to have a strong interest toward the duo group. His eyes seemed linger longer than he expected when he saw a poster or anything with JT related. And it took another several more observations, until Lan Xichen knew that it was only one of the duo pair who held Lan Zhan's full interest. The one who called Wei Wuxian, the cheerful ones.

If it was another people, there was no way they could find what Lan Zhan was thinking inside his head. Keeping his iceberg expression that always devoid any emotions, no one could tell what the man felt except Lan Xichen. Only the older brother who always could understand what Lan Zhan was thinking.

"Do you like JT?" Lan Xichen asked. Lately he also realized that it was useless to talk about business to Lan Zhen when he had his attention to that Wei Wuxian boy. So it was better he postponed the talk about the contract for now. But what was this? There was no reaction at all. "That one named Wei Wuxian is seem cheerful. He has a nice smile,  don't you think so?"

'Ahahahaha.... Lan Zhan is blushing.'

"If you like them, I can book a ticket for their performance. Ah, I also heard Nie Enterprise is inviting them to perform in their company birthday gala."

"....."

"What? At least say thank you to me. Be a little grateful of your older brother! Ah, look how happy you are!"

The driver in front seat unconsciously took a small peek through the rearview mirror. The driver frowned deeply. The younger pair of the Lan heir sat still with his usual poker face. How could Master Xichen could tell that his brother was happy? Several years working for Lan family, he still failed to understand this. Released a heavy sigh, the driver continue to drive.

If Master Xichen said that his brother was happy, then it must be the case.

-