15

The beach house is perfect. I run my slim fingers over the sheets, smoothing them. We only just finished moving in today. It didn't take long, since the place was already furnished. We just had to bring clothes and other personal items. I absentmindedly plop down on the bed and sigh.

"You okay?" I look up at Scott and give a soft smile. Being with him makes me so happy.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just thinking." He steps toward me and sits down next to me, sliding an arm protectively around my waist. I love when he does that.

"About what?" I lean over, letting my head rest on his shoulder.

"Us. I'm so happy we get this fresh start together." Scott smiles, holding me a little tighter against him.

"Me too."

"You know," I start, "I'm so glad that you noticed me that day in the cafeteria. I'm so glad that you talked to me. I'm so glad I got to know you. Because if I hadn't..." I sniff, and wipe at my tear-streaked face. "I don't think I would still be alive," I admit quietly.

"Of course I noticed you," he says softly, his fingers brushing my cheek. "How could I not?"

"I was just the boy in the corner," I say quietly. "Nobody else noticed me."

"They didn't see what I saw. What I still see." I look up at him curiously, and he presses a tender kiss to my lips. "A broken, but beautiful angel." I blush, and he kisses me again. "The only difference is, now you're my beautiful angel. I love you."

"I love you too."

A/N: Soooooooooo that will be the end of The Boy in the Shadows. Sorry the last chapter was so short. Let me know if you think I should make another sequel. If I do, it may take a while, because I also have multiple books I've been working on and haven't published yet and I'll probably focus on those more.

But still, should I make the next book or nah?