Sophmore Daze

"Kiran, Kiran," belched an ebony bombshell with pearly white teeth and long fro-like hair. "Hey, girl didn't see you there." Kiran recalled as she stared at her bestfriend. Colline Middleton, a sophomore as well as Kiran. The 19 year old girls were following into their junior year, but summer was now and no one loved summer more than Kiran and Colline.

   "Bitch, I know you seen James over there," called Colline. Kiran didn't pay much attention to her ex- boyfriend. She had bigger fish to fry. "Girl, what is up with you? These last weeks you have really been acting strange and I dont know if Im ready to watch a mental breakdown before summer even shows its truth."

Kiran raised her head and looked at Colline, and then peered back down at phone.

"Girl, my daddy got a new girlfriend and he asked us to move back with my mom." Kiran cried.
  "But didn't her boyfriend...? Why would your daddy send you back there." Colline said.
Kiran looked back up at her bestfriend, a chain dangling from Colline's  neck caught her attention, then Colline put her head into her hands and sat in silence as if she was done with the conversation.

"Remember that thing you told me you did when you got all that money?" Kiran said as she looked at Colline curiosly. Collin replied, "Girl yes, that was the best thing I ever did a few days ago I made $500 just to hang out with this man. I think I'm a hit a few bars tonight if you want to come. You know try your luck, maybe you can get your own apartment then."

"Im down." Agreed Kiran.

***********

      June 18, 2017 9:00 p.m.
      Waterford, GA
      Yours Truly Bar & Club

Kiran, curvy, black and beautiful applies her lipstick on getting ready for the night. Looking in the mirror, bags under her eyes as if she hadn't slept in a full week. She applies a touch more of concealer to hide the stress behind the mask. Kiran, not your average, quiet and sweet always ready for a challenge. She hunched over to lace up her heels for the night out which felt like the first time in years.
Following the steps one by one to insure no slips or falls, Kiran patiently stood at the end of the staircase and told her little brother Kyri she loved him and she would be back soon.

   She opens the door and reveals the outside world, a new garden has been dug up to set in more flowers. She knew it had been her step mom. Just then, someone grabbed her arm.
"Shit, you scared me." Kiran yelled. She stared back at her step mother as her lips budged to apologize.

"You will be alright, I know you dont like me, but I will forever be your step mom, and no one comes before me. So you need to think about packing all your shit and getting out of man's house. I don't care where you go, you just got to get away from here. " Gabriella hissed.

Kiran didn't say a word because she wanted her brother to be safe while she was gone for those few hours.

Kiran stepped in the car and was on her way. No one could have guessed that this would be the last time Kiran stepped foot on that lawn again.